Staddon Heights, Staddon Lane, near Plymouth
- Detached new barn conversion
- Superb countryside views to the sea and Plymouth Sound
- 5 Bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (3 en-suite)
- Circa 3 acres of grounds with option to purchase more - would suit equestrian use
- Air source heat pump and photovoltaic panels
- Ready spring 2023
- Double Garage
- Unique development of just 6 properties
Not boatie but love the water? Hop on the Cremyll Ferry from Royal William Yard over to Mount Edgcumbe for an idyllic dog walk, or for those keen to explore more of the South West Coastal Path, take the Cawsand Ferry and walk a longer loop, stopping for a delicious crab sandwich at the Devonport Inn.
For adventurers, head to Bovisand and launch your paddle boards for a dawn SUP out to Drake's Island, or if it's a day further afield with little ones Mothecombe beach is brilliant for rock pooling fun, followed by fire pit Fridays at The Schoolhouse. Whatever you do, don't miss out on a Surfing Cow en route home. Many of the locals have grown up surfing and snorkelling at Bigbury, Bantham and Thurlestone beaches. You really are spoilt for choice with the Tamar Bridge offering a gateway to Cornwall for further exploration as well.
Enjoy a round of golf and some extremely familiar views next door at Staddon Heights Golf Club, or for a more chilled out day, take a flask up onto Dartmoor, stroll around Burrator and take in the rugged moorland views. Tavistock is a must for a decent coffee and exploring the shops, the pannier market is not to be missed! Or uncover hidden antique gems in Ashburton, then head to Totnes for lunch and local fodder at Rumour.
SITE SPECIFICATION The Heights is a unique development in that the site itself was, until recently, a working farm on the outskirts of Plymouth, overlooking the sea. Thus, each property benefits from at least an acre of land, as well as a rural setting, contemporary agricultural architecture and incredible views in all directions. There are 6 properties in total: the first phase of 3 is already sold. The final phase of 3 properties is now advertised for sale.
The developer has designed a mile long footpath around the farm which is solely for the use of the 6 properties at The Heights. The path skirts the Napoleonic fort and runs through two banks of woodland offering panoramic views across the sound, out to Dartmoor and over Plymouth.
It is perfect for an early morning dog walk and leads to a shared outdoor dining area with fire pits and also links out to Staddon Heights Golf Course and the South West Coast Path beyond. There is certainly a feeling of being surrounded by nature and an abundance of space throughout the development. This undoubtedly comes from the countryside location, expanse of skyline and breath-taking views. As well as owning your own acres of private land, you will also feel as though you have a 30 acre farm without all the work!
In addition to the land that comes privately with each dwelling there is the opportunity to purchase further land should the purchasers desire. The access to The Heights and communal areas will be managed by a management company owned by the 6 residents of The Heights. It will be designed to be as light a touch as possible with annual fees set by the residents but estimated to be circa £800 a year to cover maintenance and insurance costs. The management company will also maintain the communal walking path.
ACCOMMODATION 'Sea Air' Price £1,350,000
'Sea Air' has been designed for architectural excellence, making the most of the incredible sea views from both the upper south facing balcony and the master bedroom with additional floor to ceiling dormer window. Light travels through every inch of this home, with the south elevation entirely glaze faced, and double height ceiling adjoining the two open plan living areas.
Set within 3 acres, the grand glazed front entrance leads you into a spacious hallway and open plan kitchen dining area, complete with luxury fully integrated appliances and a feature island. A wonderful space to entertain when the bi-folds are flung open onto the private terrace inviting the outside in. The house hosts 5 bedrooms, including the master bedroom complete with spectacular view, en suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. A double garage to the rear of the property gives secure and private space for 2 cars as well as secure external storage.
This house provides the optimal lifestyle of both rural and coastal living, taking in the incredible views at every angle. We are also able to offer additional land by separate negotiation.
SPECIFICATION Each house is custom built, with high quality luxury specification that comes as standard.
- Floor to ceiling double glazed aluminium windows
- Private track, parking area and turning space finished in gravel/stone chippings
- External water taps and electricity points
- Integrated double garage
- Powder coated aluminium windows*
- Oak internal doors
- Contemporary chrome door and window fixtures
- Engineered oak flooring on the ground floors & upstairs lounge area
- Bedrooms carpeted second storey with high density underlay
Bathrooms and En suites
- High specification sanitary ware
- Heated towel rail
- Illuminating wall mounted mirror
- Electric underfloor heating
- Overhead thermostatic shower
Heating and Electrics
- USB enabled electricity outlet plates in kitchen and bedrooms
- High specification fibre broadband connection
- Ground floor underfloor heating
- Modern wood burner
- Solar panels
- Market leading 10-year guarantee
- Individually designed contemporary finished kitchen with soft close doors
- Quartz or granite worktops and up stands.
- Inset stainless steel sink with chrome fixtures.
- Fully integrated appliances including fridge / freezer and dishwasher
Each household will own a 1/6 share of the management company responsible for the maintenance of shared facilities and the driveway, once the development is complete. The estimated annual charge will be in the region of £900.
COUNCIL TAX Plymouth City Council. The band will be confirmed upon completion.
VIEWINGS Strictly by appointment with Luscombe Maye for your safety as this is a working site.
LETTINGS Luscombe Maye also offer an Award Winning Lettings service. If you are considering Letting your own property, or a buy to let purchase please contact Andrew or Ross on or to discuss our range of bespoke services.
Staddon Heights, Staddon Lane, near Plymouth
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Plymouth Station2.6 miles
- Devonport Station3.4 miles
- Dockyard Station3.8 miles
About the agent
We have one of the highest Google ratings for customer service with nearly 125 Five star reviews, whilst we provide a bespoke professional service for all our vendor clients.
Our office has a strong market share and reputation for selling exceptional homes in the South Hams and the Plymouth travel to work area.
The local community based team, are very experienced, highly successful, motivated and committed: Jason Hooper, J
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 101034015663. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Luscombe Maye, Yealmpton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.