Moor Lane, Elton, Matlock
- ** Guide Price £330,000 - £350,000**
- Grade II listed two bedroom stone built period cottage
- Wealth of period features
- Idyllic village location
- Situated in the heart of the Peak District
- Beautiful landscaped gardens to the rear
- No onward chain
An opportunity has arisen to purchase this delightful Grade II, two bedroom cottage nestled in the heart of the picturesque Peak District Village of Elton. Internally the property retains period charm throughout has been sympathetically modernised to create a comfortable family home.
An opportunity has arisen to purchase this delightful Grade II listed, two bedroom cottage nestled in the heart of the picturesque Peak District Village of Elton. Internally the property retains period charm throughout has been sympathetically modernised to create a comfortable family home. Briefly it comprises of an entrance porch, sitting room and a dining kitchen. To the first floor there are two bedrooms and a well equipped shower room. Outside to the front there is a well stocked cottage style garden with a driveway providing off-road parking. To the side there is a raised seating area perfect for alfresco dining and a useful stone outbuilding. The rear has a beautifully landscaped garden with a patio area and lawn. Elton is a lovely unspoilt village with a range of amenities including a church, a primary school, and a country inn. The local village of Winster has a local shop and the towns of Bakewell and Matlock are both within easy commutable distances. In the village is surrounded by glorious Derbyshire countryside making it a popular destination for walkers, cyclists and holiday makers. Offered for sale with no upward chain an internal inspection is highly recommended to appreciate the standard of accommodation available in this stunning period property.
A wooden door to the front opens into the entrance porch. The porch has double glazed windows, a tiled floor, a central heating radiator and a single glazed door that opens into the sitting room.
Sitting Room 13' 3" x 12' 11" into alcove ( 4.04m x 3.94m into alcove )
The focal point of this charming sitting room is the stone fireplace which has an inset gas log burning style stove. There is a feature panel wall, exposed beams to the ceiling and a central heating radiator. Two double glazed windows with deep sills provide lovely views over the rear garden. There is a further double glazed window again having a deep sill which opens onto the front elevation.
Dining Kitchen 11' 2" decreasing to narrowing to 8' 5" x 14' 5" ( 3.40m decreasing to narrowing to 2.57m x 4.39m )
This beautifully presented country style kitchen features a range of wall and base units with a circular stainless steel sink inset into the work surface. Integrated appliances include dishwasher, fridge and freezer and there is space for a washing machine incorporated into the kitchen units. Included in the sale is a Tecnik electric range with extractor over. The room has a double aspect with double glazed windows to the front and rear. There is a wall mounted central heating radiator and ample space for a dining table. Tiled splash backs and a tiled floor complement the kitchen units. A wooden stable door opens onto the side elevation and the staircase leads up to the first floor accommodation.
The landing area has a double glazed window to the rear which has views of the garden. The landing gives access to the shower room and two bedrooms.
Master Bedroom 13' 6" to the rear of the wardrobes x 13' 7" ( 4.11m to the rear of the wardrobes x 4.14m )
A panelled door with a thumbnail latch opens into the spacious master bedroom. It has an dual aspect with two double glazed windows with deep sills to the front elevation and a further double glazed window with a deep sill to the rear. The room also has a wall mounted central heating radiator.
Bedroom Two 7' 10" x 7' 8" extending to 9' ( 2.39m x 2.34m extending to 2.74m )
Bedroom two has a double glazed window to the front and a further double glazed window to the side. There is a central heating radiator and useful built-in storage cupboards housing the central heating boiler.
This modern shower room has a walk-in shower with a glass screen, a low flush WC and wash hand basin. There is a wall mounted central heating radiator, spotlights in the ceiling and an extractor fan. The double glazed window opens to the side elevation. The room is finished with tiling to the walls and floor.
To the front is a driveway and a well stocked cottage style garden containing a range of plants and shrubs. A wooden gate to the side opens onto a path leading to the rear garden. Stone steps from the path lead up onto a raised seating area which would be perfect for alfresco dining and entertaining. The stone steps also provide access to the useful stone outbuilding. The beautiful landscaped rear garden has a patio area with steps onto the lawn. To the rear of the garden there is a shed and summerhouse.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Moor Lane, Elton, Matlock
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Matlock Station4.6 miles
- Matlock Bath Station4.9 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bakewell Bagshaws Residential office…
Established in 1988, Bagshaws Residential has been serving the Midlands for 30 years so you can trust that we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Bagshaws Residential as your estate agent…
>> Your local Bagshaws Residential team in Bakewell
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your loca
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK106223. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.