Kingsgate Estate, Tottenham Road, Dalston, London, N1
825 sq. ft.
(77 sq. m.)
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 WC
- South facing reception
- Separate kitchen
- Large private south facing garden
- Lots of storage
- Great condition throughout
- Approx 825 sq ft (76 sq m)
1) I absolutely love the location of the flat - it's right in the heart of Dalston but on a nice quiet street so you can take your pick from the quiet local pubs and shops or the bustling bars and restaurants. It's also only a few minutes walk from two overground stations and loads of bus routes so it's really accessible.
2) The south facing garden is an absolute sunspot and I love spending summer days out there tending to the garden (which I have practically planted from scratch) or reading under the shade of the bay tree. It's a great space for entertaining too and I'm never short of friends nominating it as the designated meeting point.
3) The flat has an unbelievable amount of storage so it always feels uncluttered. There is a giant hidden drawer under the stairs, fitted wardrobes in the two main bedrooms, a sneaky ironing board cupboard in the kitchen and a massive shed that holds my bikes out the front.
Three things we love about the area.
1) The local pubs around De Beauvoir are great. Too many to list but The Talbot, The Duke of Wellington, The Hunter S and De Beauvoir Arms are my favourites.
2) You can't beat a morning walk along Regents Canal up to Victoria Park or in the other direction to Angel. These walks got me through lockdown and I will really miss watching the seasons change along that route.
3) There are some lovely markets within walking distance, such as Broadway market, Columbia Road Flower Market and Spitalfields which I often spend weekends browsing.
Why are you selling? I've really enjoyed making this house my home over the last 10 years but it's time for a new project, local pub and even commute! Having said that, I will be really sad to say goodbye.
What's the area like? Dalston has changed so much since I've lived here and it just gets better and better. I love its vibrancy, energy and diversity - there are constantly new bars and restaurants opening but there is also a lovely community feeling.
What is parking like? There is on-street parking directly outside the property. I don't have a car but I always have a book of visitor vouchers at hand which are easily available from the council.
Is there bike storage? There is a shed in the front garden that holds my two bikes and there are on-street bike storage units nearby. I'm never off my bike which is probably due to the proximity of the Super Cycle Highway.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? It's always been a really quiet street, but traffic calming was also introduced recently due to a couple of schools in the area which has made it even more peaceful. I'm a light sleeper and have never had a problem with noise.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? I used to occasionally work from the dining room table but as soon as the pandemic hit I turned one of the bedrooms into an office which became a lovely tranquil place to work.
What's the internet like? I have Virgin M100 Fibre Broadband which is fast and stable but G Network Fibre Broadband was also installed in the area recently which claims to be even faster.
What's the boiler like? There is no boiler as the flat is fully electric. Hot water comes from a timed water tank and a series of underfloor heating systems and wifi enabled electric radiators provide the warmth.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? I've never looked into it.
Tenure: Leasehold You buy the right to live in a property for a fixed number of years, but the freeholder owns the land the property's built on.Read more about tenure type in our glossary page.
For details of the leasehold, including the length of lease, annual service charge and ground rent, please contact the agent
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Kingsgate Estate, Tottenham Road, Dalston, London, N1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dalston Junction Station0.2 miles
- Dalston Kingsland Station0.2 miles
- Haggerston Station0.4 miles
About the agent
Expect more from your move.
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report of
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference bp8zlnww_EAF_90504. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.