Hall End Lane, Ashford-In-The-Water, Bakewell
End of Terrace
- ** Guide Price £500,000 - £520,000**
- Spacious three bedroomed extended cottage
- Retaining period charm throughout
- Beautiful master bedroom suite
- Located the heart of the exclusive Peak District village of Ashford-in-the-Water
- Immaculately presented throughout
- Rear garden having detached outbuilding which would make an ideal home office
An opportunity has arisen to purchase this attractive three bedroomed cottage which has been sympathetically extended to the side and offers deceptively spacious accommodation. The property sits in a peaceful location in the highly desirable and exclusive village of Ashford-in-the-Water.
An opportunity has arisen to purchase this attractive three bedroomed cottage which has been sympathetically extended to the side and offers deceptively spacious accommodation. The property sits in a peaceful location in the highly desirable and exclusive village of Ashford-in-the-Water. Externally the property has a lovely enclosed garden with the added benefit of a detached outbuilding. Internally the property briefly comprises of a side entrance hall, cloakroom, sitting room, dining room, rear entrance hall, utility, conservatory and a dining kitchen. To the first floor there are three bedrooms and a family bathroom. The superb master suite has an ensuite, a dressing room lobby area and a walk in wardrobe. Ideally suited as a main residence or a holiday cottage, the property has easy access to the amenities available in the village, such as the local shop, a Holy Trinity Parish Church and a country inn. Ashford-in-the-Water occupies an idyllic setting on the banks of the River Wye in the heart of the Peak District National Park. It has excellent access links to the historic market town of Bakewell and through to Sheffield, Manchester and Chesterfield. The village is popular with walkers and cyclists with a number of walks and cycle trails close by. An internal inspection is highly recommended to appreciate the standard of accommodation available in this lovely cottage.
Side Entrance Hall
A double glazed door to the side opens into the entrance hallway. The entrance hallway has a quarry tiled floor and spotlights to the ceiling.
A panelled door with a thumb latch opens into the downstairs cloakroom. It has a double glazed opaque window to the side, spotlights to the ceiling, a quarry tiled floor, a low flush WC and a wash hand basin with storage beneath.
Sitting Room 11' 4" x 11' 5" ( 3.45m x 3.48m )
A panelled door with a thumbnail latch opens into the sitting room. The sitting room has a double glazed window to the side, a wooden floor and double glazed doors opening to the conservatory.
Conservatory 10' 6" x 10' 3" ( 3.20m x 3.12m )
The conservatory has lovely views over the rear garden. It has a vaulted roof with recessed spotlights, a quarry tiled floor and double glazed French doors that open onto the rear garden.
Dining Kitchen 17' 6" at the max x 11' 11" at the max narrowing to 9' 1" ( 5.33m at the max x 3.63m at the max narrowing to 2.77m )
This superbly presented and designed dining kitchen features a range of bespoke kitchen units, incorporating a circular seating area and is finished with granite work surfaces. A Belfast sink is inset into the work surface. The main focal point of the room is the gas fired Aga cooker. Tiled cream splash backs complement the units and there are recessed spotlights to the ceiling. Integrated appliances include a fridge freezer and a dishwasher. Storage has been built into the alcoves. The stone fireplace has an inset log burning stove and there are three double glazed windows with views over the front elevation. A wooden archway opens into the dining room.
Dining Room 10' 3" x 10' 9" ( 3.12m x 3.28m )
The dining room has a period radiator and a double glazed window with views over the garden. There is built-in storage in the alcoves, a wooden floor and a decorative fireplace. A door opens into the rear entrance hall.
Rear Entrance Hall
The rear entrance hall has a spindle staircase leading to the first floor accommodation. The staircase has a useful under stairs storage cupboard. A single glazed door opens onto the rear garden. The hallway has a period style radiator, a wooden floor and recessed spotlights to the ceiling.
Utility 4' 5" at the max x 5' 11" at the max ( 1.35m at the max x 1.80m at the max )
A panelled door with thumb nail latch opens into the utility room which has an extractor fan, a tiled floor, spotlights to the ceiling and space for a refrigerator and washing machine.
The landing area has recessed spotlights to the ceiling and access to the attic space via a hatch.
Master Bedroom Suite
The master bedroom suite comprises of a dressing room/lobby area, the bedroom, ensuite and a walk in wardrobe.
Dressing Room/lobby Area 6' 11" x 5' 6" extending to 8' ( 2.11m x 1.68m extending to 2.44m )
A panelled door from the landing opens into the dressing room/lobby area. There are recessed spotlights to the ceiling, a period style radiator and an oak wooden floor which runs through the suite. The double glazed window has views over the garden. This area opens into the main bedroom.
Bedroom Area 14' 3" x 11' 5" ( 4.34m x 3.48m )
This dual aspect bedroom has two double glazed sash windows to the rear and a further double glazed sash window to the side elevation. It has an oak wooden floor and a contemporary style radiator. Access to the attic space is via a hatch, recessed spotlights are located in the ceiling. Panelled wooden doors open into the walk-in wardrobe and ensuite.
Walk In Wardrobe
The walk in wardrobe has an oak wooden floor, spotlights to the ceiling and a central heating radiator.
This luxury ensuite features a walk in shower, low flush WC and contemporary style wash hand basin with storage beneath. There are recessed spotlights to the ceiling, an extractor fan, a central heating radiator and a chrome heated towel rail. A double glazed sash window opens onto the front elevation.
Bedroom Two 11' 1" x 11' 2" narrowing to 9' 5" ( 3.38m x 3.40m narrowing to 2.87m )
A panelled door opens into the bedroom from the landing area. This bedroom has a period fireplace, a wooden floor, a double glazed window to the front elevation and a built in wardrobe.
Bedroom Three 11' 11" x 9' 2" extending to 10' 2" ( 3.63m x 2.79m extending to 3.10m )
A wooden panelled door opens into this bedroom. It has a period fireplace, a central heating radiator and storage cupboards located into the eaves. The room has a wooden floor and a partially opaque double glazed window to the rear.
The family bathroom has a suite comprising of a bath with shower over, a low flush WC and a wash handbasin with storage beneath. There are recessed spotlights to the ceiling, a chrome heated towel rail and a double glazed partially opaque window to the front elevation. The room has a period style radiator and a wooden panelled door which leads out onto the landing area. It is tastefully finished with cream and pale green wall tiles and a tiled floor.
To the side of the property there is a gravelled path with a gate that provides access onto the rear of the property. This area has a log store and a wall mounted power socket. The rear garden has two seating areas which are perfect for alfresco dining. The garden is laid mainly to lawn and boarded with a variety of mature plants and shrubs. There are two sheds on the rear garden which are included in the sale.
Separate Outbuilding 9' 4" x 8' 4" ( 2.84m x 2.54m )
This useful outbuilding which would make an ideal home office, has a tiled floor and a log burning stove. The vaulted ceiling has recessed spotlights. There is a double glazed skylight and a double glazed window to the front.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Hall End Lane, Ashford-In-The-Water, Bakewell
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Grindleford Station6.5 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bakewell Bagshaws Residential office…
Established in 1988, Bagshaws Residential has been serving the Midlands for 30 years so you can trust that we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Bagshaws Residential as your estate agent…
>> Your local Bagshaws Residential team in Bakewell
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your loca
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK102188. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.