2,491 sq. ft.
(231 sq. m.)
- 2492 Sq Ft Five Bedroom House
- Total 23000 Sq Ft Outbuildings
- Indoor Pool/Leisure Building
- Professional Astro Turf Tennis Court
- Garaging/Storage for Vehicles
- Indoor Riding Arena (30X15m)
- American Barn Stabling
- Marginally Under 21 Acres
- Stunning Hilltop Views
- External Stables (In all 28 Boxes)
History & Background:
An outstanding all-round property with offering immense potential providing a 2491 sq. ft five-bedroom house, 3385 sq. ft of residential outbuildings, consisting of garaging for six cars, an indoor pool/leisure complex and separate Tennis Pavilion, with extensive parking and a professional Astro-turf tennis court. A separate access road runs alongside to the stable yard and outbuildings extending to 12,090 sq. ft, where there is an indoor school, twenty-eight internal & external stables, an all-weather exercise arena and an additional 7591 sq. ft of barns with eight double sided bays and most having auto roller shutter doors. There are also extensive yard areas, parking for horseboxes & trailers with additional storage sheds.
The house is believed to have been built during the late 1960's, standing well back from the road. The premises can only be described as a 'green oasis' of established grounds, mature trees, whilst offering considerable potential for the incoming buyer. The potential easily ranges from running a permissible business from home, to using the equestrian facilities to their full potential or simply to enjoy (as the current owners have) for own private uses, alongside the livery yard (unregistered) to help pay towards the groundsman/maintenance.
Due to downsizing, all equipment, ground machinery and associated implements/equipment can be available, strictly by separate negotiation.
Setting & Location:
The Property stands in marginally under 21 glorious, established acres, set into a hillside within a picturesque lane and with hilltop vantage views right across to London. This bowl of countryside provides lovely rolling grazing with nine paddocks and an extensive hilltop yard area with the considerable number of outbuildings, having their own entrance road. To the rear the stunning views encompass Thorndon Country and Tylers Common is just at the brow of Tomkyns Lane.
The house is nestled well back from the lane, within its sizeable domestic curtilage with gated accesses up to the yard. Accompanying the house are a quadruple garage and double garage, with automatic doors, the Pool/Leisure Building and summerhouse/Tennis Pavilion overlooking the Tennis court.
The property is situated in a sought-after lane, within the London Borough of Havering and more precisely located between Upminster (on the rural fringes) and Great Warley Brentwood, therefore offering great flexibility for access to the Major Road links, the A127 and M25, as well as being convenient for both private and state schools.
Upminster Station 3.1 miles* Brentwood Station 3.3 miles* London City Airport 20 miles* M25/A127 Access 1.7 miles (Great Warley) *
The property provides accommodation of 2491 sq. ft with attractive hard flooring throughout the ground floor including engineered oak flooring and slate tiles in the kitchen/Dining areas. An open vestibule with steps leads to the front door and sizeable entrance hall with noted good storage, attractive cottage style doors and access to a stylish cloakroom/w.c. The house is great for entertaining with a rear garden room/conservatory which links the central snug room, kitchen, and family room. The family room features an impressive brick fireplace housing a wood burning stove. The kitchen is partially open plan to a large dining room which overlooks the mature gardens. Further features for the modern kitchen include granite work tops, an AGA oven (electric) set into a brick chimney breast style recess, twin butler sinks, and the fitted appliances are to remain. In all Four good reception areas. On the first floor are five double bedrooms, ranging from two smaller doubles up to the main suite, which has a stylish en-suite shower room with a double size shower and bidet included. The main family bathroom also contains a bidet.
Gardens & Domestic Outbuildings:
An attractive greensward lies to the front with access to the wrought iron automatic entry gates. The remaining front boundary is well screened with mature gardens and lawn areas, located mainly on the south side of the house, with numerous mature trees and hedging. A long and expansive block paved drive leads to extensive areas for parking and the garaging for six vehicles. The detached Pool/Leisure complex is within a most attractive Scandinavian style buildings with doors opening onto the suntrap Mediterranean style terrace area where there are retaining walls containing mature Yucca plants and Palms. Within the pool building is an excellent size heated pool with an automatic safety cover. The gas boiler and pumps for the swimming pool are new for 2021 (Danbury Pool & Spa Specialists) at considerable replacement cost. The pool areas have a specialist anti-slip surface with a larger area for the hot tub, dining/loungers, a separate kitchen and changing room with shower and w.c.
To the rear of the property, amidst the mature apple trees and Weeping Willow, steps lead up to the Tennis Court area. A professionally constructed court with high chain link fencing and a specialist high performance Astro-turf surface. On the sunny side is the pavilion/summerhouse - ideal for Tennis parties, viewing in comfort or for games such as pool/billiards. Paths, steps, and gates lead up to the yard area which is screened from the house by high hedging for maximum privacy.
Equestrian Facilities, Barns & Outbuildings:
The property has operated a livery yard for many years – one livery has been on the yard for 30 years. The livery yard is unregistered and not currently run as a business, moreover a hobby which substitutes some of the maintenance costs. In all there are twenty-eight stables, all being of good/generous size with two American style barns containing twenty extra-large loose boxes with cover for grooming etc. Accompanying the stabling are storage sheds (those owned by the seller), a general feed room and separate rug/tearoom. The indoor school has internal measurement for the riding surface of 30.15 m x 14.73 m with boarded sides, mirrors, and a pay meter for the electric/lighting. There is a further outdoor all-weather arena (smaller than the standard size). Water pipes are in most stables for auto drinkers. Some of the drinkers and rubber mats are owned by the liveries.
The remaining buildings include twin adjoining barns, each with eight bays. The modern green barn is around 5 years old. The eight bays are divided into two areas; the five-bay area with auto shutter doors is lined internally with a mezzanine storage. This building is used for storing 8 to 10 classic vehicles. The three-bay area with auto doors serves as a machinery workshop and for storing the ground machinery. The building has a security alarm/CCTV. The second barn has three roller doors and open bays for storing hay/straw and there are further stores for the same use.
Extensive parking areas include the customer car park with portacabin/office and double gates onto the stable yard where there is wide vehicle access through to the secure rear concrete yard for parking numerous trailers/horseboxes. Concrete accesses including the private entrance road provide easy accesses. Beyond the barns are nine large paddocks which interconnect with access paths with lovely views over to ancient woodland and beyond.
1) The entire property is on one registered title EGL327983
2) The communications mast is on a 10-year lease (renewable 2024). This lease with Airwave Solutions yields an income of £5000 per year (paid quarterly). Airwave Solution pay for their own metered electricity. The mast is for the emergency services. The area and lease are noted on the Land Registry Title Deeds.
3) The entrance to the house (residential access) crosses a greensward and ditch owned by the local authority. A levy of £10 is paid annually to the Local Authority for access.
4) The Solar Panels on the pool roof and rear of house will remain but have never been commissioned.
5) Some of the outbuildings are older former agricultural buildings with corrugated cladding. The material may contain asbestos/cement in accordance with most buildings of similar age/use.
6) The Plant/Machinery and any related equipment can be made available by separate negotiation.
7) The property benefits from no rights of access or public access on the premises. A public footpath runs outside the northern boundary on neighbouring land.
8) Our client has completed the Propertymark Toolkit questionnaire, should buyers wish to see declared & helpful information post viewing, to make an informed offer to purchase.
PLEASE CONTACT US (THE SELLING AGENT) FOR THE FULL BROCHURE pdf AS THERE MAY BE SOME IMPORTANT 'AGENTS NOTES' WHICH YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF PRIOR TO VIEWING.
Havering Council - Tax band G
Tenure - Freedhold
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Harold Wood Station1.3 miles
- Upminster Station1.8 miles
- Emerson Park Station2.1 miles
About the agent
Zoe Napier Group was founded in 2010. The Company specialise in the sale of Unique Homes throughout Essex & South Suffolk from both their Essex Office in Maldon and associate London Office in Mayfair W1. This agency offers a specialist platform, ‘beyond compare’ for unique homes in the following niche markets:
Unique Barns & Conversions (Any location with or without land)
Country & Equestrian (Property in the countryside with or without land, farms, outbuildings, part residential
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference ZNP_ZNP_LFSYCL_607_781115455. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Zoe Napier Collection, Maldon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.