Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2
- Period conversion
- Share of Freehold
- Circa 600 sqft
- Private courtyard
- Very low service charges
- 1 bedroom with large double glazed sash windows
- Bathroom + separate guest WC
- Utility cupboard and understair storage
- Split level apartment
- Superb location
Coffee and brunch lovers can rejoice with Ozone, Mama Shelter, The Common and Hackney Coffee Company all within short walking distance. Situated between Broadway Market and Columbia Road, with an endless and eclectic mix of boutique shops, cafes, restaurants and green open spaces including Hackney City Farm and Haggerston Park, London Fields and nearby Victoria Park. This home has easy access to the best parts of bustling east London. Easthaus Sunday lunch favourite The Marksman is just a few minutes walk away and Hackney Road staple Sager & Wilde is always great for intimate evening drinks.
The jewel of this secluded one bedroom home is its sunken oasis patio. Almost undetectable from the street, large French doors open from the living area on to this walled outdoor space; benefiting from bursts of sunshine early morning and late afternoon, the space is ideal for evening entertaining or day working in the summer, benefiting from an expansive feature wall with slatted wood panelling, creeping plants, fairy lights and whitewashed walls either side.
The ground floor comprises a bright bedroom with high ceilings and large south facing sash windows with views on to the private courtyard below and the redbrick buildings of Teesdale Close to the east. The fully tiled bathroom with under sink storage sits comfotably opposite the bedroom and a roomy utility cupboard houses the boiler and washing machine with additional storage space. A glass panelled staircase leads down to the kitchen and living areas which are partially seprated by the staircase. The living room benefits from understair storage, recessed shelving and a wall of windows opening out to the private courtyard. The sleek, modern, fitted kitchen allows for plenty of storage and an additional freestanding unit if desired. Tucked away at the rear of the living areas is a useful guest WC.
Tenure: Share of Freehold with a 994 year lease
Service charges: Circa £400 per annum contribution to buildings insurance
Council tax band: C
EPC rating: C
Tenure: Share of Freehold When the freehold ownership is shared between other properties in the same building. Read more about tenure type in our glossary page.
For details of the leasehold, including the length of lease, annual service charge and ground rent, please contact the agent
Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Cambridge Heath Station0.2 miles
- Bethnal Green (Underground) Station0.4 miles
- Bethnal Green (Mainline) Station0.5 miles
About the agent
We know that every home and every homeowner are different, and as a proudly independent agent we are able to offer a tailored approach to suit all needs.
Our simple aim is to match beautiful East London homes with their new owners, and hopefully make a new friend in the process.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BET220024. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Easthaus, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.