Hungerford Road, Islington, London, N7
513 sq. ft.
(48 sq. m.)
- 1st floor South West facing flat
- 1 double bedroom, 1 bathrooms
- Large cupboard
- Separate kitchen
- Large reception
- Approx 513 sq ft
1. love the semi-open kitchen to living room space that ends in a large window with a view of greenery. There's never a feeling of being overlooked by other flats on the estate because their view is blocked by the wall of shrubbery. It feels like a protected space. Also, the open plan means that when you're in the kitchen, you're not cut off from visitors sitting comfortably in the lounge.
2. The enormous closet was a definite selling point for me. It has ample room for a large chest of drawers and considerable hanging space, freeing up space in the bedroom.
3. I always felt the rooms were a really good size, especially given the location of the flat, with no awkward unusable areas. I never had to compromise on furniture or struggle to fit in what I needed.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Right around the corner on York Way, there's a 24-hour Nisa, York Pharmacy, a pleasant little coffee shop, a butcher, & several good fast food places. Cross Camden Road into Brecknock Road & there's a little post office and Bread by Bike, a bakery which makes delicious cinnamon rolls. The staff in all these places are consistently helpful & friendly.
2. The transport links are truly excellent. There are so many ways to get anywhere. It's difficult to explain how much easier life is when you have multiple choices for getting to & from home.
3. The Lord Stanley pub on North Villas. The bartenders are charming, the space is comfy, & the food is very good.
Why are you selling? Relocating to Portugal
What is parking like? You do have to have a parking permit from Islington Council to park on Hungerford Road (zone IS-D, M-F 9:30 - 4:30), but I've never had trouble finding a spot to park reasonably close to the flat.
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? Hungerford Road is never really busy & it's very quiet. Both Camden Road and York Way are busy, but you cannot hear either from the flat, day or night.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? I'm retired but have worked from home in the past. I generally worked from the sofa, because that's how I'm comfortable & I could stare out the big window.
What's the internet like? The area has a lot of options for high-speed access. Virgin, SKY, & BT are definitely all available.
What's the boiler like? It's a Vaillant & when I had it serviced in March, the technician said it was in really good condition.
Are we able to do any work/extensions? Internally, probably. Nowhere to extend.
Hungerford Road, Islington, London, N7
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Caledonian Road Station0.3 miles
- Holloway Road Station0.6 miles
- Caledonian Road & Barnsbury Station0.6 miles
About the agent
Expect more from your move.
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report of
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference nfxzh4h7_EAF_96744. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.