Balls Pond Road, Islington, London, N1
- 2 double bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Separate eat in kitchen
- Large reception
- Excellent condition throughout
- Very bright flat
- Double glazed
- Approx 706 sq ft
1. What really drew me to this flat was the sense of light and space that hits you. There's lots of 'window space' everywhere and, especially from the south-facing rear aspect, this allows so much natural light to come flooding in. The rooms are all really well-proportioned so nowhere feels pokey or restricted. The living room at the front is a really great space to relax in, and when we have friends round it doesn't suddenly get cramped. Both the bedrooms are full-on doubles. I currently use one of the bedrooms as a home office and it's a lovely light space to work in. The open views from here towards the City of London are amazing and I never tire of just looking out at the view. And it's so peaceful at the back of the flat - a complete contrast to the hustle and bustle of Balls Pond Road below at the front. At night, the skyscape is transformed when all the lights of the City skyscrapers come on and remind me just why I always wanted to move to the big city. As well as a home office, this room also has space for a sofabed and on a warm sunny day, it's a great space just to sit and read. When friends stay over, it's really easy to convert to a spare bedroom. The entrance hall, being unusually square-shaped, is almost a room in its own right, adding to the overall feeling of light and space.
2. Another thing I really love about this flat is the large separate eat-in kitchen. It's a real luxury to be able to cook and sit down to eat in one room, and afterwards move on to the separate living room to relax and maybe watch TV, not surrounded by cooking smells and dirty dishes! The living room is then just for living, and doesn't require a dining table to be stuck in one corner of it!
3. The location of the flat is one of the things that kept me living here for so many years. The public transport options are brilliant: 3 Overground stations within a five minute walk, and Highbury & Islington tube being a short walk or a hop on the bus, and all of London is easily accessible. Not to mention the plethora of bus routes nearby taking you north, south, east and west. There's a bus stop right near the flat from which the 38 can get you to the West End in a little over 20 minutes and a night bus to drop you back just across the road.
Three things we love about the area.
1. Before I moved to the area, I'd always loved the buzz and excitement of the cafes, bars and restaurants of Upper Street, as well as all the independent shops. Moving here made having all that on the doorstep possible and is one of the things I really love about the area. I love taking in a film at the iconic Screen on the Green at Islington Green, and one of my favourite restaurants in the area is the nearby Gallipoli - and there are many more to choose from.
2. I also really like a nice local pub, and in this area you're spoilt for choice. My favourite keeps changing, but at the moment is the Lady Mildmay on the corner of Newington Green. They serve a great range of food which you can see being prepared and cooked in the front kitchen.
3. Clissold Park is one of my favourite London parks - it's about a 20 minute walk away or a short bus ride. In the summer we usually take a picnic up there with a book and make a day of it.
1. Why are you selling? - I'm going to be semi-retiring soon and my partner and I are planning a move up to Yorkshire.
2. What's the area like? - It's a great place to live. The area is really vibrant, lots of great bars, restaurants within easy reach, some interesting local theatre bars. Great transport links.
3. What is parking like? - There is on-street parking which is controlled by the local council through residents parking zones. On week days you need to buy a resident's or a visitor's permit to park on the street from the council. In the evenings and at weekends it's unrestricted.
4. Is there bike storage? - Not on-site but the council provides secure covered on-street bike storage. There are 2 right by the flat - one on Balls Pond Road just outside and one opposite the flat on King Henry's Walk
5. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? - It can be busy during the daytime, but with a 20mph speed limit it's not fast-moving traffic. Much quieter at night.
6. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? - Extremely well! Before the pandemic, I was working from home 3 days per week, and now almost permanently - I love it!
7. What's the internet like? - Very good. I have Fibre broadband from Plusnet and have no issues. It's also pretty close to the telephone exchange which I think helps with speed and reliability.
8. What's the boiler like? - There is no boiler for central heating as the Eswa radiant ceiling heating doesn't need one! There's a Megaflo cylinder for hot water which was installed about 4 years ago, and no issues.
9. Are we able to do any work/extensions? - It's possible - for major work you may need the agreement of the freeholder.
Balls Pond Road, Islington, London, N1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dalston Kingsland Station0.3 miles
- Dalston Junction Station0.3 miles
- Canonbury Station0.4 miles
About the agent
Expect more from your move.
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report of
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference q8r3j0bk_EAF_96794. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.