Priory Lane, Royston, Hertfordshire
- Beautifully renovated Police Station
- Orginal features throughout
- Three converted cells offering a range of uses
- Vaulted kitchen/dining room
- Mazzanine family space
- 3 double bedrooms and additional single room
- Garden designed for alfresco dining and entertaining
- Town centre location with off street parking
The renovation, carried out by its current owner, now comprises three reception rooms, including a bright sitting room with an open fireplace and a small dining room just off the kitchen. The large kitchen has been beautifully fitted and sits at the heart of the house. It features double-height ceilings, hardwood flooring, modern units, a large central island and integrated appliances. The room also has an impressive fireplace and an eye-catching glass staircase leading up to the first floor.
Off the main reception hall are several rooms originally used as police cells which offer a range of uses dependant on the new owner’s requirements. In the past they have been used as offices, gym, laundry room or play rooms. Also on the ground floor is an additional boot room, utility, sitting room and dining room. There is additional access to the large cellar which houses the boiler.
Upstairs, there are three double bedrooms and an additional single room. The principal bedroom benefits a modern en suite shower room. A family bathroom with double sink and a light and airy mezzanine that could be used as a second sitting room completes the accommodation.
Royston is a small yet bustling town in the county of Hertfordshire. It has several useful amenities, including plenty of shops, several pubs, restaurants and bars, and a choice of different supermarkets. A train station provides easy and quick access into both Cambridge and London Kings Cross.
There is a good selection of schools in Royston for both primary and secondary education. The area also offers a good selection of independent schools including St. Edmund’s College, The Perse, St. Faith’s and Bishop’s Stortford College.
The property benefits from a low maintenance, walled garden with several fruit trees and a small area of lawn as well as a large patioed seating area that was once used as the ‘exercise yard’. The space has been transformed in an area ideal for entertaining, featuring a brick-built gas fire, stainless steel gas barbecue with slate topped preparation area and inset Belfast sink with Victorian-style mixer tap and wall mounted lighting.
Energy Performance Certificates
Priory Lane, Royston, Hertfordshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Royston Station0.6 miles
- Meldreth Station3.3 miles
- Ashwell & Morden Station4.0 miles
About the agent
Strutt & Parker’s Cambridge office is one of our multi-disciplined offices, providing both local knowledge and advice on all aspects of the property industry.
The members of the sales team have nearly 50 years’ experience between them. The department is run by the manager Lawrence Brown who prides himself in offering customers personable and professional service, with integrity as his core value.
In addition to the sales department, our Cambridge office also has the following dep
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAM220023. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.