Brockholes Farm, Tebay, The Yorkshire Dales, CA10 3XT
- Located in a splendid rural position in the upper Lune Valley, within the Yorkshire Dales National Park with excellent access to the M6 and the Lake District
- A rare opportunity to acquire a small estate offering an excellent turnkey successful holiday let business
- Potential to expand tourism, farming and other diversification opportunities
- Six properties in total; four two-storey dwellings set in a terrace and two detached, single storey properties
- All are finished to an excellent standard with modern kitchens and bathrooms
- Children's play area for children of all ages with swings and slides, football and basketball nets
- Detached outbuilding used for laundry and storage
- Single bank fishing rights on the River Lune
- C. 62 acres of pasture, meadow and woodland and modern farm building
- An additional c. 60 acres of land available separately
Tebay is a scattered village situated at the head of the Lune Gorge with a primary school, post office and the Cross Keys Inn, a traditional pub dating back to the a 16th century. The award winning farm shop can be found at Westmorland motorway services on the M6.
There are six properties in total; four two-storey dwellings set in a terrace and two detached, single storey properties. All are finished to an excellent standard with modern kitchens and bathrooms, flagged and wood flooring, double-glazed wooden framed windows and boarded wooden doors.
(1,334 sq ft / 123.9 sq m) previously offered on a Assured Shorthold Tenancy, The Farmhouse has well-proportioned accommodation with entrance hall and a sociable sitting room with wood burner being open to the dining kitchen. To the first floor, there are three bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room and a house bathroom. Walled garden to the rear with lawns and seating terrace.
THE HOLIDAY LETS
(968 sq ft / 89.9 sq m) off the entrance hall there is a triple aspect sitting room being part open to the apex, a dining kitchen with exposed beams, single bedroom, a house bathroom and an understairs cupboard. To the first floor, there are two double bedrooms and a shower room. To the outside is a rear walled garden with lawn and flagged seating terrace and to the side a large gravel parking area.
(1,252 sq ft / 116.3 sq m) with an 'upside down' layout, Mount Cottage has three double bedrooms to the ground floor, two of which are ensuite along with a house bathroom. To the first floor, the sociable open plan living dining kitchen is open to the apex with exposed cruck beams. Walled garden to the rear with seating terrace.
(1,708 sq ft / 158.7 sq m) also with an 'upside down layout', Coombe Cottage has four double bedrooms to the ground floor, two with ensuite shower rooms along with a house bathroom. To the first floor, the sociable open plan living kitchen is open to the apex with exposed cruck beams and glazed door with Juliette balcony from which to enjoy the splendid view. Walled garden to the rear with seating terrace.
Both River Bank Cottage and River View Cottages are single storey with level access, located to the north and south of the terrace of properties.
River Bank Cottage
(774 sq ft / 71.9 sq m) River Bank Cottage has an open plan living dining kitchen, a conservatory leading out to a flagged seating terrace enjoying river and fell views. There are two double bedrooms and a wet room.
River View Cottage
(632 sq ft / 58.7 sq m) Enjoying views up the valley, the cottage has an open plan living dining kitchen, two double bedrooms and a bathroom. The rear walled garden has a flagged seating terrace.
To facilitate the running of the business, there is a detached outbuilding used for laundry and storage.
A children's play area offers activities for children of all ages from swings and slides to football and basketball nets.
The land extends to approximately 62 acres (25 hectares), highlighted red on the sale plan, of pasture, meadow and woodland, which rolls down to the River Lune, predominantly enclosed by drystone walls and livestock fencing. The majority of the land lies within a ring fence of Brockholes Farm and has good access from the tarmac road, which passes through the land. The land is not entered into any environmental stewardship agreements. The land is currently used for sheep grazing, however does offer good opportunities through environmental stewardship schemes and forestry.
Available as a separate lot is an additional 60 acres, lying to the north of Brockholes Farm, highlighted blue on the sale plan. Please ask the agent for further details.
Steel portal framed building (24m x 13.5m) with side lean-to (14m x 5.5m) is located to the south east of the properties, currently used for livestock wintering and husbandry.
Viewings are strictly by appointment with the selling agents Davis & Bowring.
Brockholes Farm, Tebay, The Yorkshire Dales, CA10 3XT
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Burneside Station7.7 miles
About the agent
Davis and Bowring is a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Kirkby Lonsdale. Specialising in prime period property (from cottage to castle) and brand new rural residential developments (both building opportunities and the finished products), we cover The Lake District, North Yorkshire Dales, North Lancashire and the Lune and Eden Valleys.
With a residential sales and letting department, we also have a rural estate management department and sporting ag
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference DB2191. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Davis & Bowring, Kirkby Lonsdale. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.