- Superb Semi-Detached Cottage
- Three Bedrooms
- Outstanding Rural Location
- Generous Sized Plot
- Garage & Outbuilding
- Gardens To Side & Rear
- Viewing Strongly Advised
This three bedroom semi-detached stone cottage is delightfully situated in a private setting at the end of a farm lane, occupying a generous sized plot and taking in some outstanding views over the surrounding countryside.
The property has been lovingly occupied by the same family for nearly forty years and has been improved over time to provide comfortable living accommodation arranged over three floors.
The property benefits from double and triple glazed windows and gas fired central heating and briefly comprises: Living Room, Dining Room and Kitchen to the ground floor. Landing area, Bedrooms and excellent sized Bathroom to the first floor. Two Bedrooms are located on the top floor.
Externally the property has well maintained and stocked garden areas to side and rear aspects, parking area in front of the garage and a useful out-building / potting shed that subject the relevant approval could be utilised to create additional accommodation to the main house.
The sale of Broomyshaw Cottage offers the unique opportunity to purchase a fabulous family home in a superb rural location, a viewing of the property comes most highly recommended.
The property is offered For Sale with No Upward Chain involved.
Living Room - 12'10 x 13'8 (3.91m x 4.17m) - Radiator. Log burner effect gas fire.
Dining Room - 12'2 x 8'11 (3.71m x 2.72m) - Stairs off. Radiator.
Kitchen - 14'8 x 8'5 (4.47m x 2.57m) - Wall and base units. Sink unit with drainer, rinser bowl and mixer tap. Wall mounted central heating boiler. Rear door. Tiled floor. Cooker point. Radiator.
Landing Area - Stairs off. Coving.
Bedroom - 10'9 x 10'8 (3.28m x 3.25m) - Radiator. Fitted wardrobes. Storage cupboard.
Bathroom - 8'11 x 9' (2.72m x 2.74m) - Bath. Large corner shower cubicle. W.c. Wash basin. Heated towel rail. Exposed wood flooring. Storage cupboard.
Bedroom - 11'7 x 14' (3.53m x 4.27m) - Radiator. Exposed wood flooring. Spotlights. Loft access.
Bedroom - 11'7 x 9'2 (3.53m x 2.79m) - Radiator.
Outside - Externally the property has well maintained and stocked garden areas to side and rear aspects, parking area in front of the garage and a useful out-building / potting shed (15'2 x 11'9 with power and lighting) - that subject the relevant approval could be utilised to create additional accommodation to the main house.
Directions - Travelling out of Leek on the A523 turn right just after The Cottage Kitchen sign posted for Alton Towers. Follow this road (Ellastone Road) for approx 1.5 miles and you see our For Sale board on the left hand side. Turn into this lane, bear left over the cattle grid then take the next right lane. Go through the farm yard (SHUTTING THE GATE BEHIND YOU) over the brow of the hill and you drop down to Broomyshaw Cottage.
Viewing - By prior appointment through the Agents.
Agents Notes - LPG Gas central heating
Septic tank drainage
Council Tax Band : C
EPC Rating 'F'
We understand the property is freehold
Please Note - The agent has not tested any apparatus, equipment, fixtures, fittings or services and cannot verify they are in working order or fit for their purpose, neither has the agent checked the legal documents to verify the freehold/leasehold status of the property. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their Solicitor or Surveyor.
Bury & Hilton Limited for themselves and for the vendor or lessor of this property whose agent they are, give notice that:
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of, an offer of a contract;
2. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without
responsibility on the part of Bury & Hilton Limited or the vendor or lessor;
3. None of the statements contained in these particulars as to this property are to be relied
on as statements or representations of fact;
4. Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the
correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars;
5. The vendor or lessor does not make or give neither Bury & Hilton Limited nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give, any representation's or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
6. Bury & Hilton Ltd operates a Complaints Handling Procedure, a copy of which is available from out Head Office, 6 Market Street, Leek, Staffordshire. ST13 6HZ.
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Blythe Bridge Station8.8 miles
About the agent
Bury & Hilton are an independent firm of Estate Agents, Chartered Surveyors and Auctioneers with four offices, located in the Staffordshire Moorlands and South Derbyshire. Established in 1963 by Stanley Bury and John Hilton, the business continues to be run by Charles Ball MRICS, who has over fifty years of experience in the profession.
We offer a full range of property services, involving all types of property. All of our offices provide residential sales by either private treaty or
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 31490154. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bury & Hilton, Leek. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.