The Bent, Curbar, Hope Valley
- Substantial four bedroom detached country residence in the Peak District
- Offering spacious and flexible accommodation throughout
- Three attached garages
- Spectacular views
- Stunning setting adjoining open countryside
- Located in the highly desirable Peak District village of Curbar
- Set in magnificent gardens of approximately two acres
- Lady Manners School catchment area
LADY MANNERS SCHOOL CATCHMENT AREA
Bramley Edge is a substantial country residence sitting in approximately two acres of gardens and woodland. Situated in the idyllic and prestigious Peak District village of Curbar near Chatsworth. Offers spacious accommodation over two floors with three garages.
Internally the property briefly comprises of an entrance hallway with an impressive staircase, cloakroom, dining kitchen, dining room, sitting room, lounge, conservatory, library/family room, boot room, two pantries and laundry room. To the first floor there are four bedrooms, the master suite having two dressing rooms and large en-suite. There is also a separate shower room and a family bathroom. The property benefits from superfast broadband. Externally the property is approached by a gated entrance with stone pillars, a large sweeping driveway provides parking for a large number of vehicles. The property is surrounded by its own land, with substantial lawns, picturesque woodland with mature trees and walks, a cherry blossom avenue, as well as an abundance of wild flowers. The village of Curbar benefits from outstanding local primary schools and is within the catchment area of the sought after Lady Manners Secondary School. There are excellent independent schools nearby, including St Anselm's (Tatler Prep School of the Year 2021) and Birkdale School. Close by amenities include some of Derbyshire's top restaurants/hotels, including Fischer's Baslow Hall, and the Cavendish, Baslow. There are some of the Peak District's most stunning walks straight from the doorstep including the breath taking Curbar Edge and Chatsworth House.
Double wooden oak doors to the front elevation open into the entrance porch. The entrance porch has a tiled floor and a leaded door that leads into the inner hallway.
The inner hallway has recessed display shelving and a stunning staircase which leads up to the first floor accommodation. There are useful storage cupboards and a door that opens into the cloakroom.
The cloakroom has a low flush WC and a wash hand basin. There is a glazed leaded window to the front elevation.
Dining Kitchen 9' 1" extending to 11' 10" x 14' 11" ( 2.77m extending to 3.61m x 4.55m )
The dining kitchen features a range of wall and base units with a one and a half sink inset into the work surface. The first walk-in pantry area is accessed off the kitchen. Appliances include a Neff electric oven, Neff hob and Siemens dishwasher. Recessed spotlights are located in the ceiling. There is a dining area with a window seat and stunning views.
Dining Room 17' 11" x 16' 2" at the max ( 5.46m x 4.93m at the max )
The dining room has feature stonewalls, panoramic windows and a wooden panelled ceiling. Double glazed french doors open out onto the rear garden. There are also three further rooms accessed from here, including a second pantry, boot room, and laundry room.
Conservatory 7' 11" at the max x 32' 5" ( 2.41m at the max x 9.88m )
This extensive conservatory has french doors that open out onto the rear garden and large double glazed windows with picture seats beneath. Two further doors open onto the rear.
Main Lounge 19' 11" x 14' 10" ( 6.07m x 4.52m )
The main focal point of this grand room is the Derbyshire stone fireplace standing 6 feet high, with a large double door Clearview log burning stove. The sitting room has large windows with panoramic views and Crittall doors leading into the conservatory.
Sitting Room 11' 9" x 11' 6" ( 3.58m x 3.51m )
The sitting room has mullioned windows and glazed critall doors that opens into the conservatory.
Family Room/library 20' 4" x 19' 11" maximum to the windows ( 6.20m x 6.07m maximum to the windows )
Opening from the main lounge the family room/library has french doors which open on to the rear garden and second patio. The large windows across the width of the room benefit from window seats underneath.
This long gallery landing has useful storage and access to the attic space via a hatch.
Master Bedroom Suite
The master bedroom suite has two dressing rooms, one of which leads to a large en-suite bathroom. A further door leads to the master bedroom.
Master Bedroom 14' 7" x 15' to wardrobe front extending to 17' to the leaded window ( 4.45m x 4.57m to wardrobe front extending to 5.18m to the leaded window )
The spacious master bedroom has double glazed windows to the side and to the rear and a further second leaded glazed window to the front elevation with storage beneath.
Ensuite 14' 10" at max x 9' 8" to cupboard fronts extending to 11' 4" to window over sink ( 4.52m at max x 2.95m to cupboard fronts extending to 3.45m to window over sink )
This large ensuite has double sinks with storage beneath that runs the length of the room. The suite comprises of a corner bath with a mixer tap shower head over and a low flush WC. The room also has a wall mounted chrome heated towel rail.
Bedroom Two 14' 10" x 10' 1" to wardrobe front extending to 12' 6" to window over picture seat ( 4.52m x 3.07m to wardrobe front extending to 3.81m to window over picture seat )
Bedroom two has windows with far-reaching garden and countryside views to three sides. The bedroom features a range of wardrobes with shelving and hanging space and a picture seat.
Bedroom Three 12' 6" at the max x 9' 5" ( 3.81m at the max x 2.87m )
Bedroom three has fantastic views over the rear garden, woodland and countryside. There is a built-in double wardrobe and storage units and a wash hand basin with storage beneath.
Bedroom Four 9' 5" at the max x 10' 1" plus alcove ( 2.87m at the max x 3.07m plus alcove )
Bedroom four has a window to the rear, again having fantastic views over the garden. There is a built in double wardrobe.
Family Bathroom 7' 8" x 9' 4" ( 2.34m x 2.84m )
The family bathroom has a suite comprising of a bath with mixer tap shower head over, a walk in shower and a low flush WC. The room is finished with tiling around the bath and splash back areas.
Separate Shower Room Wc
Having a walk in shower, a low flush WC and a leaded window to the front.
The property benefits from three attached garages to the house. There is also a separate wooden store/garage accessed from a second driveway which also has direct access to The Bent. One garage has an electric car charging point installed. The largest double garage has an electric door.
Hardwood gates with stone pillars open onto a sweeping driveway which provides car parking for a number of vehicles. To the front and right hand side of the property there is a garden featuring a magnificent avenue of mature cherry blossom trees. To the left hand side of the property is a sweeping lawned garden. To the rear of the property is a lawned garden which slopes down to a former tennis court. These extensive rear gardens also incorporate a substantial woodland area with walks through masses of bluebells, daffodils, rhododendrons, wildflowers and mature trees. The gardens and woodland extend to approximately two acres in total.
Travel Links & Local Activties
The adjacent village of Grindleford has a train station with services through to the major commercial centres of Sheffield and Manchester which are also within daily commutable distance by road. Being in the heart of the Peak District National Park means the property benefits from a range of outdoor pursuits nearby including walking, climbing, fishing, mountain and road biking, as well as excellent riding facilities.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
The Bent, Curbar, Hope Valley
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Grindleford Station2.4 miles
- Hathersage Station3.9 miles
- Bamford Station5.4 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bakewell Bagshaws Residential office…
Established in 1988, Bagshaws Residential has been serving the Midlands for 30 years so you can trust that we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Bagshaws Residential as your estate agent…
>> Your local Bagshaws Residential team in Bakewell
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your loca
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK106330. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.