Queen Street, Stonehouse, Larkhall, ML9
• Dual purpose spacious home, offering a large family accommodation or for use as 2 separate independent living areas across both levels.
• 12 room property with 5 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, 2 bathrooms, 2 lounges and dining room. Extensive secure rear garden.
• Ideal for a large family with older children or to accommodate relatives or guests.
• Large heated integral garage, doubling as a workshop and fully equipped utility area with washing machine, large sink and tumble dryer. Space for home business opportunity.
Ideal for the growing family or to accommodate relatives and guests, this truly unique property is located in the heart of Stonehouse and offers self-contained living on both levels.
On entering the property on the lower level, you are met with an entrance vestibule which in turn leads to a broad welcoming hallway which offers access to all lower apartments. The impressive lounge enjoys generous proportions and is finished in neutral tones with a splendid feature fireplace. To the rear, lies the fitted country style kitchen with ceramic double sinks, ample storage and space for appliances. The kitchen is particularly bright throughout due to large window and glazed rear door which provides access to the extensive rear garden. Completing the accommodation on the lower level lies a three piece partially tiled bathroom and two bedrooms, one of which is currently dressed as a public room, with French doors to the rear garden.
The upper-level houses three further bedrooms, two of which benefit from storage with the master bedroom being of very generous proportions. This level has a further kitchen which is a fantastic size with an abundance of storage and a breakfast bar area. The lounge/dining space spans over 32 feet in depth and enjoys dual aspect windows with a lot of natural light flowing through, feature fireplace and a quality carpet. A further three-piece bathroom completes the upper level.
To the front there is a large heated integral garage which the vendors are utilising as a workshop with a fully equipped utility area, complete with washing machine, sink and tumble dryer, providing space for a home business opportunity.
This magnificent family home enjoys the proportions of a traditional home with modern fittings and neutral décor throughout. The property is further enhanced by gas central heating and double glazing.
Externally, there are extensive mature, tree lined garden grounds to the rear which are mainly laid to lawn with a decked and paved area.
The village of Stonehouse has long been popular with the discerning buyer due to its convenient location. For the commuter, the nearby M74, M8, and M73 provide easy access to Glasgow, Edinburgh, and the Central Belt with Larkhall train station providing excellent rail links with a direct line through Hamilton to Glasgow. Rail link from Carluke provides a park and ride commute to the heart of Edinburgh. There are amenities in abundance such as cafes, bistros, leisure centre and local shopping. Enjoys regular bus routes to the nearby towns of Hamilton, Strathaven and East Kilbride. There are idyllic walks close by with the renowned Alexander Hamilton Memorial Park.
The agents stress that early internal viewing is a must to avoid disappointment.
Queen Street, Stonehouse, Larkhall, ML9
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Larkhall Station2.8 miles
- Merryton3.5 miles
- Chatelherault Station4.7 miles
About the agent
Countrywide has a network of over 12 high street branches in the West of Central Scotland. It is part of the UK’s largest estate agency group, with over 1300 offices across the UK.
• Estate Agency
• Financial Services
• New Homes
• Property Auctions
• Residential Lettings
• Chartered Surveyors
Our Hamilton branch is situated on Cadzow Street in the town centre and covers a wide range of areas across South and
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HAM210146. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Countrywide, Hamilton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.