Castle Street, Ludlow, Shropshire
- Historic Georgian house in the heart of Ludlow
- Ground floor - commerical property
- First floor - two bedroom apartment
- Second floor - two bedroom and a one bedroom apartment
- Outside - courtyard at front, enclosed garden to the rear Three parking spaces
- EPC - 14a rating F, 14b rating F, 14c rating E, 14d rating E
The building is offered for sale as a whole as an investment opportunity with income being generated currently from two let apartments and the ground floor commercial property.
Ground Floor Commercial
Currently let to Draycott and Charles Fine Interiors who have a separate access directly from the square. Long term, and subject to planning consents, it could make for a lovely ground floor garden apartment. It currently has a good show room space, kitchen and WC. There is a an attractive south facing courtyard to the front of the building which is set back from the pavement with wrought iron railings. Details of the lease are available via the agents.
The residential element is accessed to the side of the building with a fine staircase that rises up through the building.
The first floor apartment extends to about 1431 sq ft and has been converted into a wonderful apartment that utilises the entire floor (stairwell excluded) with views to both elevations.
The sitting room has pannelling and a brick fireplace and the kitchen dining room has been well fitted out with a range of attractive units and wooden work surfaces.
The two bedrooms are both large doublesand are served by a bathroom and a separate shower room. There is a utilty room with sink and plumbing for a washing machine.
The second floor is split into two apartments.
To the front of the buiding is a one bedroom apartment of about 646 sq ft and to the rear, possibly with the best views, a two bedroom apartment of 820 sq ft.
There is also a signifcant basement divided into seven different storage areas. None of these are allocated out, but easily could be if required.
The Grade II* listed building is situated in the heart of Ludlow overlooking the market square of this historic town and towards the Shropshire Hills to the rear. Ludlow is a vibrant market town with national acclaim and offers a good range of local independant and national retailers. Bustling markets are in the square most days and some superb cafes, butchers, greengrocers, delicatessens, pubs and restaurants are found throughout. The town has a great reputation as a tourist destintaion with many renowned festivals and events taking place year-round.
There are three spaces for parking and these are a premium in Ludlow. There is also a small garden area to the rear, separated from the pavement and parking by the brick wall. The commercial property has a direct access from the building and there is a pedestrian gate in the wall for access.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Castle Street, Ludlow, Shropshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ludlow Station0.3 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LUD150083. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Ludlow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.