- Impressive three bedroom detached property
- Beautiful enclosed rear garden
- Quiet location in the Peak District market town of Bakewell
- In and out driveway providing ample off-road parking
Ford house is an imposing three bedroom detached property situated in a quiet location in the highly popular Peak District market town of Bakewell.
Ford house is an imposing three bedroom detached property situated in a quiet location in the highly popular Peak District market town of Bakewell. The property has a lovely enclosed rear garden and ample off road parking to the front. Bakewell has an impressive range of local amenities with quality restaurants, cafés and country inns. The property is short stroll across the park to the centre of the town. Bakewell has excellent access through to Chesterfield, Derby and Sheffield. Internally the property briefly comprises of an entrance hallway, cloakroom, sitting room, dining room, kitchen and a side entrance hall. To the first floor there are three bedrooms and family bathroom. An internal inspection is highly recommended to appreciate the standard of accommodation available in this beautiful family home.
The property has a beautiful stone columned storm porch which has a wooden leaded door providing access into the entrance hallway. The entrance hallway has a wooden parquet floor and wall mounted central heating radiator. A door opens into a cloak room and a staircase leads up to the first floor accommodation. The staircase has a single glazed window which opens onto the front elevation.
The cloakroom has a low flush WC and a wash hand basin.
Sitting Room 11' 10" to chimney breast x 12' ( 3.61m to chimney breast x 3.66m )
This charming sitting room has as a focal point an open fire with a stone surround. It has a dual aspect with single glazed windows to the front and side elevations. The room has a central heating radiator.
Dining Room 13' 1" narrowing to 10' 9" x 11' 5" ( 3.99m narrowing to 3.28m x 3.48m )
The dining room has a wooden fireplace with an inset gas fire and a parquet floor. The room has a picture rail and decorative coving to the ceiling. A single glazed door with single glazed side panel opens onto the beautiful garden. Inset into the alcoves are useful storage cupboards.
Kitchen 12' 1" narrowing to 8' 10" x 7' 11" ( 3.68m narrowing to 2.69m x 2.41m )
This L shaped kitchen features a range of kitchen units with a stainless sink inset into the work surface. There is space for a gas range, a washing machine and a refrigerator. A single glazed window opens to the side and a further single glazed window provides views over the garden.
Side Entrance Porch
A door to the side of the property opens into the entrance porch. Further doors open into a store and the kitchen.
This spacious landing has a single glazed window to the front and a hatch providing access to the loft area. A door opens into a storage cupboard.
Bedroom One 11' 10" x 11' 11" ( 3.61m x 3.63m )
Bedroom one has a single glazed window to the front, a central heating radiator and a picture rail.
Bedroom Two 10' 10" x 11' 4" ( 3.30m x 3.45m )
This bedroom has a single glazed window to the rear, a central heating radiator and a picture rail.
Bedroom Three 7' 2" x 9' 4" ( 2.18m x 2.84m )
Bedroom three has a single glazed window to the rear and a central heating radiator.
Comprising of a suite including a bath with mixer tap shower head and a shower over, a low flush WC and a wash hand basin. There is a single glazed window to the rear and the room is finished with tiling to the walls.
To the front of the property there is a block paved in and out driveway which has a garage/store located to the side.
To the rear there is a beautifully presented garden. The garden has an ornamental pond, a range of mature plants and shrubs and is laid mainly to lawn. Included in the sale is a greenhouse.
It is our understanding that the property is not registered at the Land Registry which is the case with a significant proportion of land across England, Scotland and Wales. Your conveyancer will need to take the necessary steps and advise you accordingly.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Matlock Station6.7 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bakewell Bagshaws Residential office…
Established in 1988, Bagshaws Residential has been serving the Midlands for 30 years so you can trust that we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose Bagshaws Residential as your estate agent…
>> Your local Bagshaws Residential team in Bakewell
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your loca
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK106316. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.