Bethel Congregational Chapel, Station Road, OX26 5DS
734 sq. ft.
(68 sq. m.)
- Sold as seen disposal sale - Unconditional Bids Invited
- Freehold title with very few restrictions in the title as to future use
- Roughly 33Ft (10m) x 22Ft (6.66m) in size
- Centrally Located in this Sought after Village
- Buyers need to make their own planning enquiries
- Buyers need to satisfy themselves with regard to structure and condition
- Graves access will need to be maintained in purpetuity
- Scope for a mezzanine floor
- Original Windows
- Request a viewing through Rightmove in the first instance
The title is Freehold
The property is EPC exempt.
The property is currently council tax exempt.
The following are general comments made without any warranty whatsoever. All future uses will be subject to change of planning and building control at the buyer's risk.
Buyers must satisfy themselves before making any bids as to the state of the building in all respects, including but not limited to; structural integrity, roof structure, damp & timber matters, electricity, & water, etc.
For added charm, the old village stand pump adjoins the plot.
Consistent with the building of a house of God the building materials appear to be of good quality for their day with stone walls, dressed stone corners, window reveals, doorways and three decorative finials.
The property was built in 1850 of stone walls (with no cavity) under a slate roof. The roof has leaked at some point evidenced by the stains on the ceiling and has several tingles holding tiles in place, which are common to this type of roofing. The carpet appears dry, though, so the leaks may well be historic.
The windows, some of which are boarded up, appear to be original and will need repairs to maintain their integrity. The side windows are roughly 8¼Ft (2.5m) along from the front the rear walls.
On a curacy inspection the walls appear sound enough, and the lime mortar is in various states of repair. The right-hand wall appears to have been repointed but the left wall needs repair. There is unlikely to be a damp proof course either originally or retrospectively fitted.
The ceiling height is about 14Ft before the roof angles so there could be capacity for a mezzanine floor.
We are advised by the vendors managing agent that there are no internal graves under the floor.
Public access to the graves will need to be maintained during future occupation in perpetuity.
The organ has not been tested and we have no information if it is now or has recently worked.
On 15-06-22 the electrics were connected and working. No warranty is given regarding their safety, compliance, or condition. From a cursory glance they appear to have been updated last somewhere between 1983 and 1993.
We understand from the managing agents that there will be no restrictions within the title as to future use except the usual covenants prohibiting immoral uses or the sale of alcohol, etc.
BrochuresBrochure - 8 pages
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Bethel Congregational Chapel, Station Road, OX26 5DS
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bicester Town Station1.5 miles
- Bicester North Station1.6 miles
About the agent
Experienced knowledgeable and strong sales record
Barton Fleming Limited is an independent estate agent owned and run day-to-day by the directors Colin Barton and Matthew Fleming who between them have over 30 years combined experience of selling property in Bicester. The company was founded in summer 2011 and very quickly established itself as one of the biggest selling agents in Bicester with a unique selling record. This has all been verified by ind
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference cjb-bethelchapel2. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Barton Fleming, Bicester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.