Huntshaw, Torrington, Devon, EX38
- PROPERTY TYPE
- 267,894 sq. ft.
(24,888 sq. m.)
- Rare opportunity to acquire an established business
- Approx. 6.15 acres of old English and Heritage apple trees
- Large agricultural barn
- Beautiful countryside views
- Peaceful location
- Ideal for a range of lifestyle, amenity or business uses
A wonderful opportunity for anyone looking to purchase their own slice of heaven in the North Devon countryside. Honey Wood Orchard is an established cider business with distribution links across the area.
The gently sloping orchard extends to approximately 6.15 acres (2.49 hectares) comprising of a variety of heritage apple trees (a full list of the varieties is available from Kivells’ Holsworthy office). The land is a haven for wildlife, boarded by woodland and open farmland.
A large block built agricultural barn was erected in 2014 and currently houses the fermentation tanks, bottling and packaging areas, store room and on site office. Two adjoining barns house the machinery and pressing equipment whilst a composting WC and separate utility store, providing access to the borehole filtration system, are situated at the rear of the building. The buildings offer potential for further development or expansion (STPP).
The land is accessed via a hard core entrance off of the tarmacked road, a useful car parking area is situated next to the barn.
In all, this is a very versatile and appealing piece of land, with a prosperous business providing opportunities for a multitude of leisure, amenity or business uses.
Situated within the rolling North Devon hills the property benefits from outstanding countryside views and rural tranquillity. A short three mile drive Bideford town centre where an array of , local amenities are within easy reach along with easy access to North Devon's spectacular and rugged coastline and the famed tarka trail. The town offers a traditional market and an array of eateries, shops, banks, post office, educational and recreational facilities.
Barnstaple, the regional centre of North Devon is approximately 10 miles away and offers a range of local and national shopping facilities, a rail link to Exeter and access to the M5 via the north Devon link road.
• Please note that all equipment is available via separate negotiation.
• Accounts can be made available to interested parties by request
FLOOR PLAN - BARN
The floor plan is not to scale and is for identification purposes only.
The land plan displayed is for indicative purposes only and should not be relied upon as a depiction of precise boundaries.
Mains electric & private water supply via a Bore Hole. Potential for broadband to be installed at the site.
TENURE - Freehold.
Please ring to view this property and check availability before incurring travel time/costs. FULL DETAILS OF ALL OUR PROPERTIES ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE
Kivells, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Kivells have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Huntshaw, Torrington, Devon, EX38
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chapleton Station5.8 miles
About the agent
Kivells is a proudly independent firm and believes in delivering outstanding customer service. We have been selling property in Cornwall and Devon since 1885 and know our local markets intimately.
We believe in a focused, targeted approach to selling your property using our local knowledge, national connections and cutting edge IT, to ensure you get the best possible service. If you are looking to buy a property in the Westcountry, Kivells will help you every step of the way, with an up
Disclaimer - Property reference BUD230352. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Kivells, Bude. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.