Oxley Green, Brightling, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
- Grade II Listed family home with stunning countryside views
- Converted from a former public house
- Packed with character features such as fireplaces & beams
- Double garage & off-road parking
- Peaceful rural location
- EPC energy rating D
You will immediately be impressed with the character of this home, a warm, welcoming and sociable layout. The former coach house is currently used as a family room. You can imagine gathering everyone around during special occasions or at Christmas, underneath the vaulted ceiling and in front of the feature inglenook fireplace as a impressive focal point. In the warmer months you can fling open the doors and spill out into the tranquil garden, where adults can sip wine on the terrace and children can run around and explore, with breathtaking countryside views.
A utility room, cloakrooms and the added luxury of an ensuite to the master bedroom, along with the main family bathroom, make for practical, modern living. There is potential here to create a self contained annexe or holiday let (subject to planning permission) where you have the opportunity to earn extra income or work/run a business from home. With a double garage and off-road parking for multiple vehicles, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
What the Owner says:
Named after the 18th Century politician and 'great English eccentric' Jack Fuller, this former coaching inn enjoys a picturesque setting. Having seen it fall into disrepair, when it came up for sale 12 years ago, I jumped at the chance to restore it.
The old pub car park has been totally grassed over, making a very generous garden but could still be sectioned off if one wanted to keep horses. The property backs onto farmland and has little passing traffic, making it a very private residence. Oxley's Green is a lovely hamlet of just six houses. Just up the road is the thriving village of Robertsbridge which has lots going on and even though the house sits in this glorious rural setting, the transport links are very good.
It's a large, very comfortable family home and I'm extremely pleased with what I've achieved, yet there is still plenty of flexibility within the accommodation and grounds.
- Lounge/Dining/Breakfast Area: 34'5 into bay x 32'9 maximum (10.50m x 9.99m)
- Kitchen Area: 17'8 x 16'7 (5.39m x 5.06m)
- Separate WC
- Store Room
- Family Room: 49'2 x 16'4 (15.00m x 4.98m)
- Cellar Room 1
- Cellar Room 2
- Cellar Room 3
- Master Bedroom: 18'1 x 16'2 (5.52m x 4.93m)
- Ensuite Shower Room
- Bedroom 2: 18'0 x 10'0 (5.49m x 3.05m)
- Bedroom 3: 15'5 x 12'2 (4.70m x 3.71m)
- Bedroom 4: 14'1 x 9'7 (4.30m x 2.92m)
- Bedroom 5: 14'5 x 10'5 (4.40m x 3.18m)
- Bedroom 6: 20'5 x 10'5 (6.23m x 3.18m)
- Bedroom 7: 12'5 x 10'9 (3.79m x 3.28m)
- Rear Garden
- Double Garage
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Cubitt & West, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Oxley Green, Brightling, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Robertsbridge Station2.9 miles
- Etchingham Station3.2 miles
- Stonegate Station4.0 miles
About the agent
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we're here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better t
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 23007684. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cubitt & West, Lewes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.