Hay on Wye, Hereford, HR3
- Reception hall with period staircase
- Drawing room with fine firepalce
- Well proportioned dining room
- Music room
- Comprehensively fitted kitchen
- 5 Principal bedrooms
- Additional accommodation/suite
- Coach House with flat
- Magnificent indoor swimming pool
Grade II Listed country house with adjoining Coach House dating from 1820 with Regency elevations surrounded by farmland close to Hay on Wye.
Oakfield enjoys a slightly elevated secluded position surrounded by farmland with views across the Wye Valley less than a mile south of the famous Book Town of Hay on Wye, which has attracted a very cosmopolitan population drawn by the charm of the historic town built around a Norman Castle. The annual Literary Festival in Spring draws in artists and visitors both national and international a number of whom visit regularly and eventually buy a home in the area. The town and Black Mountains to the south are within the Brecon Beacons National Park an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Within the town there is a wide selection of traditional shops, public houses and cafes and restaurants as well as a Fitness Gym, Yoga Studios, small cinema, regular music events to suit all tastes and many clubs and groups of like-minded people.
There is a railway station at Hereford about 20 miles east, which provides the facilities of a small provincial city and Cardiff is about 60 miles south.
Oakfield is a fine Grade II Listed house c1820, which was described in 1842 as “the substantial modern mansion” of Henry Allen Junior, with 2-storey Regency elevations. There are a number interesting internal features including a curved and cantilevered staircase, Regency fireplaces and an Adamesque ceiling in the dining room.
If proceeding without a physical viewing please note that you must make all necessary additional investigations to satisfy yourself that all requirements you have of the property will be met. Video content and other marketing materials shown are believed to fairly represent the property at the time they were created.
BrochuresMore details from Chancellors
Hay on Wye, Hereford, HR3
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Builth Road Station14.3 miles
About the agent
Since opening in 1807, Chancellors have been passionate about selling and letting property, with our customers' needs at the forefront of our priorities. As one of the UK's leading independent estate agents, we refuse to rest on our laurels and constantly strive to develop and grow our brand for the better. Through hard work and determination, Chancellors now have more than 50 networked offices across the South of England and Mid Wales. We currently have a strong l
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 3095616. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Chancellors, Hay-On-Wye. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.