Danemead, Melbury Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- One of the most outstanding & luxurious family homes in Newcastle
- Refurbished by the owners who have an international reputation for design
- Many unique features rarely seen in the North of England
- Prime corner plot in a very sought after area
The refurbishment and rebuilding of many parts of the house have been personally overseen by the current owners, who have an international reputation for creating stunning interior design. The house has many unique features, which are rarely seen in the North of England, both in its presentation of wall finishes and fabrics as well as lighting and design.
The exterior of the property is intricately planned to make the maximum use of the light and the open spaces, with outstanding hard landscaping, a large driveway, garage and parking forecourt.
The creation of the entrance reception hall, with its double height void and great natural light, is magnificent and supported by wonderful lighting and fabulous marble floor. The rear entrance hall opens up to reveal a unique handmade staircase, which was built out of structural steelwork and clad in stunning walnut, with insert strip lighting set against glass.
The reception hall is the focal point of the house and leads in turn to six reception rooms including a games room and cinema room with professional bar.
The family snug connects, at the rear of the house, onto a cloakroom which is used as the laundry room and second kitchen, as well as leading to the double garage where above there is a sixth bedroom or working office with an en suite shower.
Returning to the centre of the house and its entrance hall, principal doors lead onto an open plan kitchen/breakfasting area with double doors to the gardens, which then leads to a more formal dining room, as well as a snug and family room.
The formal drawing room is on the south west corner of the property and provides a sixth reception room. All of the reception rooms are finished with unique wallpaper coverings, contrasting fabrics and very clever interior design.
The first floor of the property accommodates four large bedroom suites, all of which have their own en suite dressing rooms, bathrooms or shower rooms, and are presented to a luxurious standard. The master bedroom is stunning with two dressing rooms and a fabulous bathroom with free standing bath, as well as raised up shower room.
The main stairs then continue through to the second floor of the house, where the roof accommodates a second master suite. This leads through double pocket doors into a stunning en suite bathroom and well-appointed split level dressing room.
Viewing strictly through Ashleigh Sundin on
Danemead, Melbury Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Jesmond Metro Station0.9 miles
- West Jesmond Metro Station1.0 miles
- Chillingham Road Metro Station1.0 miles
About the agent
Specialising in the sale of properties over £700,000 in Newcastle, and £1 Million throughout the region, the rare! brand has established itself in the North of England as the leading estate agency for the sale of luxury and beautiful homes.
The team is headed up by Duncan Young and well supported by Office Manager, Ashleigh Sundin, and her colleagues. Ashleigh and Duncan first worked together in 1987 at Dudley Charlton, and many of Ashleigh's clients recognise the warmth of her negotiat
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 9637906. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Sanderson Young, Rare! Gosforth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.