Pavilion Green, Poundbury, Dorchester, Dorset
- Unexpectedly Available - 2 bedroom, ground floor apartment with two undercroft car parking spaces and dedicated store. Pavilion Green nearby.
- Poundbury lies to the west of the historic Market town of Dorchester, within 400 acres of Duchy of Cornwall land.
- Masterplanned by Leon Krier, the civic design is unique in creating a vibrant new community within a traditional architectural language.
- Queen Mother Square named after The Late Queen Elizabeth at the request of HRH The Prince of Wales-is at the heart of Poundbury and will set a new standard for classical design in England.
- Royal Pavilion occupies the northern side of the Square and has been conceived as the ultimate in luxury living.
floor, has two double bedrooms with master en-suite bathroom and a walk in wardrobe area. There is a separate shower room. Living/dining room and kitchen. Two undercroft car parking spaces and dedicated store.
Gross internal area 108.5sqm (1,168 sq ft).
The property will include a NHBC 10 year warranty.
Outside the apartment is close to the pavilion green.
The drawings, images and particulars are for illustrative purposes only and shall not form part of any contract.
Please contact Symonds & Sampson for further details on the build specification. Tel
Royal Pavilion is a significant architectural landmark for Poundbury, and a luxurious collection of twenty apartments that brings to Dorchester design standards normally associated with Knightsbridge in London.
Poundbury is master-planned community of the western edge of Dorchester, the historic County town of Dorset. Covering 400 acres of Duchy of Cornwall Land, it is the vision of HRH The Prince of Wales, who, using the renowned Master Planner Leon Krier, has achieved a truly integrated and mixed-use development.
Between Queen Mother Square and Pavilion Green, this exceptional new apartment building has its roots in the scale and design of traditional grand civic buildings, with classical stone colonnades, beautiful terraces with ornate ironwork and a signature new tower with triumphal arch.
Set around a central private piazza, this collection of twenty apartments and penthouses has been designed with beautiful interiors, generously proportioned rooms, high ceilings and French doors that open onto individual private terraces for al fresco dining overlooking Poundbury. The accommodation has been designed for contemporary living, with luxury kitchens, en-suite bathrooms and dressing rooms, underfloor heating, private parking and concierge service available.
Royal Pavilion is the design of Ben Pentreath, a London-based architect who specialises in buildings that seamlessly fit their environment, often drawing from classical inspiration. Royal Pavilion is the most significant commission for Poundbury to date and is set to provide a monumental backdrop.
Named after one of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother's racehorses, Royal Pavilion also borrows its lineage from the famous seaside retreat built at Brighton in 1787 for George Prince of Wales, who became the Prince Regent in 1811.
Poundbury is designed with a set of key human-centred principles - to put people before cares, integrated places of work with homes and invest in buildings of exceptionally high construction quality and aesthetic standards. Since breaking ground in 1993, the community has achieved worldwide acclaim from architects, town planners, academics and house builders, both for its intelligent design and success in creating a highly desirable and diverse new community.
Queen Mother Square is the centre of life in Poundbury, with its collection of independent shops - including a butcher and a Waitrose supermarket and the new 20-bedroom Duchess of Cornwall Inn. Smaller squares, beautiful gardens and wilder areas of parkland are woven into the fabric of Poundbury, including the formal gardens and expansive lawns of Pavilion Green stretching north of Royal Pavilion.
A short journey from both Dorchester South and Dorchester West stations, residents of Royal Pavilion are easily connected to the South West trains network, with direct trains into London Waterloo. The A35 and A37 open up all of Dorset's wonderful landscape, which is recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, as well as providing easy access to its dramatic coastline from Lyme Regis and the Jurassic Coast to Corfe Castle and the Isle of Purbeck.
Pavilion Green, Poundbury, Dorchester, Dorset
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dorchester West Station1.1 miles
- Dorchester South Station1.4 miles
- Upwey Station4.6 miles
About the agent
To be the most respected firm in the region. Symonds & Sampson are a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors being specialist Estate Agents and Letting Agents with an in-depth knowledge of the regional property market.
Professionalism is the bedrock of the firm and we presently have 49 qualified staff who are either Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, ARLA or NAEA.
Our spread of 10 offices throughout Wiltshire, Dorset, Somerset and Devon toget
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference POU170287. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Poundbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.