- Rural location around five miles from Carlisle
- Excellent transport links
- Generously sized property totalling around 385m2 (4145 ft2)
- Six double bedrooms three with Ensuites
- Luxurious house bathroom with copper bath and double shower
- Wonderful countryside and fell views
- Sweeping driveway leading to parking areas and double garage
- Magnificent private two acre grounds
The house dates from 1910, built to an exceptional standard with Kirkstone Sandstone cavity construction. The interiors have been sympathetically renovated, with luxurious fixtures and fittings blending with beautiful period features, including a magnificent English Oak staircase.
The rooms are of generous proportions and include three reception rooms, six bedrooms and five bathrooms with potential for creating annex accommodation in the East wing. Both properties have beautiful private gardens, with raised terraces to relax and enjoy the wonderful views of the surrounding countryside and distance Pennine fells.
Watch Cross is situated in a rural yet highly accessible location, with excellent amenities and schools nearby in Brampton, Low Crosby and Warwick bridge. The historic border city of Carlisle is only around five miles away with major amenities and West Coast Main Line station, taking you to London in around three and a half hours. The property is just off the A689, offering excellent transport link to Carlisle, Newcastle and the M6 and only one mile from Carlisle Lake District airport.
Mains electricity and water
Oil central heating
Septic tank drainage
Partial underfloor heating
Council Tax band: G
Getting to Watch Cross
From Carlisle Hardwicke Circus roundabout take the A7 North and at the top of the hill, bear right onto Brampton Road, continuing onto the A689. Follow A689 towards Carlisle Airport, go past a left hand sign for Laversdale and the entrance to Watch cross is on your right. If you get to the roundabout, you've gone too far.
Address: Watch Cross, Irthington, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA6 4NE
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEnergy Perform...Energy Perform...
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Wetheral Station3.4 miles
- Brampton (Cumbria) Station4.2 miles
About the agent
Welcome to Fine & Country North Cumbria
From offices in Penrith and Carlisle we have specialist expertise covering the many desirable properties to be found across this wide area of great natural beauty, to which many people aspire.
At Fine & Country North Lakes and Eden Valley we pride ourselves on a genuine commitment to personal service delivered by experienced property professionals combined with a unique blend of creative and comprehensive marketing which is exclusive.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10191387. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, North Lakes and Eden Valley. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.