Holme Farm, Mickle Trafford
- A spacious farmhouse with extensive gardens.
- GF: kitchen, utility and laundry room, office, living room, dining room, hallway and WC.
- FF: 4 double bedrooms with family bathroom.
- Various agricultural and purpose-built equestrian buildings.
- Up to 40 stables, tack rooms, offices, workshop, rug and wash areas.
- Two outdoor arenas, both floodlit.
- Two substantial high spec former poultry units, ideal for conversion to various uses.
- Good access to Chester and surrounding road networks.
- Standing in 79 acres of land.
Situation Holme Farm is located off Plemstall lane, down a choice of two private driveways. Plemstall lane continues to Mickle Trafford and the A56, linking Chester to Helsby.
The local village of Mickle Trafford caters for most day-to-day needs with a village shop and post
office. The village also boasts a church, primary school, sports and social club as well as a village pub.
The heritage City of Chester is a short drive away, with Roman and Tudor origins, it has a fantastic array of shops, notable schools including Kings School, Queens School, Abbeygate College, an expanding university and sporting facilities.
The property is within daily commuting distance of Manchester and Liverpool via M53 & M56. Chester and Crewe mainline train stations offers excellent services to London, Liverpool and Manchester.
Local equestrian attractions include Horse Racing at Chester, Haydock and Bangor on Dee; hunting with the Cheshire and Wynnstay Hounds; polo at Cheshire Polo Club in Little Budworth; Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre, show-jumping at Southview, Broxton Hall Gallops. The local area is outriding heaven, with quiet country roads and cross-country courses nearby.
There are several golf courses locally at Sandfield and Vicars Cross being the closest. There are plenty sports facilities in Chester and the surrounding areas, including Chester Rugby and Football clubs.
Description Holme Farm Farmhouse is an impressive brick-built building under a slate roof. The property sits in the centre of the holding with open countryside surrounding. The driveway leads from Plemstall Lane and arrives at the front of the property.
The front door leads into the kitchen, which has a variety of ground and wall mount units and a Rayburn. Off the kitchen is a large utility with a shower room and office beyond. To the rear of the property is a good-sized sitting room and dining room, both with working fireplaces and excellent views onto the garden and countryside beyond. The hallway splitting these rooms has a double door leading onto the garden.
The first floor comprises four double bedrooms, with a family bathroom. The majority of rooms have double aspect windows and great views. The family bathroom has a bath and stand-alone shower.
Externally There are extensive former agricultural buildings forming part of a professional show jumping and livery business. These buildings are easily adaptable to a range of uses, whether equestrian, agricultural or other commercial uses, subject to the relevant planning permissions. There are 40 stables in total throughout the various buildings.
A summary of the facilities is as follows: - Brick built building forming the heart of the livery business and housing the offices, kitchen, workshops, rug and tack rooms and 4 stables.
- Open sided, steel portal framed building for storage.
- Large steel portal framed building, which houses the majority of stables, being 24 in total, along with 2 tack rooms.
- A steel built lean-to, adjoining the building above, which houses 8 further stables and tack room.
- Timber built building housing 10 stables.
- 20m x 40m outdoor arena with sand/rubber surface and floodlights.
- 40m x 45m outdoor arena with sand surface and floodlights.
- 4-bay horse walker.
- There are two substantial former poultry units which are ideal for loose housing and storage. These buildings have potential for further commercial uses subject to the required planning permissions.
Land The land equates to approx. 79.39 acres in total. The land is all fenced with post and rail and/or electric fencing. Water is available across the land and it is registered for the Basic Payment Scheme.
Services Mains electricity & water Private drainage via septic tank Oil central heating
Local Authority Cheshire West
Viewings Strictly by prior appointment with the agents Jackson Property on or .
BrochuresHolme Farm Brochu...
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Front Page
Holme Farm, Mickle Trafford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chester Station3.2 miles
- Bache Station3.2 miles
- Ince & Elton Station3.6 miles
About the agent
Jackson Equestrian specialise in the sale and rental of Rural and Equestrian properties. Our team have unrivalled expertise in Property and Equestrianism making them better qualified to offer you independent advice on Equestrian property issues.
We have some of the finest Rural and Equestrian properties on the market and cover a broad spectrum, from small residential properties to large commercial enterprises and estates.
Our portfolio stretches across the UK, with particular focu
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 102051001559. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson Property, Preston On Severn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.