Hillside Close, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22
- Flexible accommodation with a light an airy feel
- Fantastic kitchen/breakfast room
- Superb principal bedroom with dressing area and en suite
- Converted loft space creating a further bedroom and bathroom
- Generous rear garden with raised decking
- Off-road parking and double garage
- Walking distance of local shops and schools
- Lovely countryside walks
- EPC Rating = D
The property offers generous accommodation over three
floors. The house has been enhanced to provide flexible accommodation. Of particular note is the bright, open plan kitchen which includes space for a dining table and living area. The kitchen is well appointed with units from Leicht, and a range of integrated appliances. An impressive feature of this
space is the recently added, concertina doors that open out onto a Juliet balcony overlooking the rear garden. There is a useful utility room adjacent to the kitchen. The current configuration provides a further formal dining room, sitting room, and two additional rooms used as a study and a playroom respectively.
On the first floor is a superb principal bedroom with dressing area, en suite bathroom with additional shower and balcony. There are three further bedrooms which are served by a family bathroom. The loft space has been converted to provide a further bedroom and bathroom, along with an additional store room or study. Plenty of eaves storage has been created with access from both of these rooms.
To the front of the house there is off road parking for several vehicles, with access to the double garage. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a range of mature trees, shrubs and herbaceous borders. There is a raised wooden deck providing an ideal location for outdoor entertaining.
Located off the desirable ‘no through' road of Old Hillside, Hillside Close is an established leafy residential area on the north-west side of the city. This is an ideal location with good access to the countryside but equally convenient for all the amenities of Winchester city, and close to the varied selection of local amenities of a Waitrose, Aldi, post office, doctor's surgery, Costa, a variety of eateries and a pharmacy amongst a number of retailers. There are also some excellent recreational and sporting facilities nearby and some wonderful open countryside just a short walk up Dean Lane, with further
access to Farley Mount.
The City itself has a mainline railway station offering regular fast services to London Waterloo (approximately 50 minutes) and J9 of the M3 in Winchester provides links to routes to the south coast, plus on to the A34 heading north and to the Midlands.
There are some excellent schools in the area, most only a short distance away or by school bus. All are highly regarded from a primary level at Weeke, through to a choice of secondary, sixth form at Peter Symonds College to Winchester university.
Square Footage: 3,050 sq ft
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Hillside Close, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Winchester Station1.0 miles
- Shawford Station3.6 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WNS200093. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.