Northchapel, near Petworth, West Sussex
- Cloakroom, Boot room
- Open plan kitchen/dining/family room,
- Sitting room
- Master suite of bedroom and shower room
- 2 further double bedrooms
- 2 first floor storage rooms (potential for further bedrooms, subject to usual consents)
- Oil fired central heating
- Front and rear gardens, Workshop and summer houses
Lanherne is one of four detached properties on a private road in the centre of the village and enjoying complete seclusion. Northchapel has a lot to offer with an excellent general stores and post office, primary school, pub and parish church. Haslemere is about 5 miles to the north and offers a good selection of shops and services. The historic market town of Petworth is about 5 miles south with its regular farmers' market, first class deli and an assortment of local shops and restaurants. There is more comprehensive shopping at Chichester to the south and Guildford to the north. State schools in the area include Northchapel Primary School, Woolmer Hill at Haslemere and Midhurst Rother College. Private schools include Seaford College and Dorset House. Sporting activities include golf at West Sussex and Chiddingfold and horse and motor racing at Goodwood. Communications with London are surprisingly easy with a mainline station at Haslemere (Waterloo 60 minutes) and the A3 (M) is within a 9 mile drive.
Lanherne dates from the 1970's and was extended by the current owners in more recent years to provide the present spacious and well proportioned accommodation. A special feature is the 43' x 15' kitchen/dining/family room which is triple aspect, has a gas (propane) log burner and double doors opening onto the garden. The 26' x 12' sitting room has an open fireplace and there are three double bedrooms, one with ensuite shower room and all with fitted wardrobes. The family bathroom has both bath and separate shower and there is a boot room and cloakroom. From the hall a staircase rises to the first floor and a large storage room with velux windows. There is also a second store room and several eaves cupboards.
The private lane leads to a 5 bar gate opening on to a wide gravelled driveway with parking space for several vehicles. The drive is flanked by mature trees and shrubs and a gate leads to a extensive former vegetable garden and chicken run bounded by a beech hedge. A gate from the drive gives access to the rear garden with paved terrace and steps up to a lawn with 2 summerhouses, further terrace and adjoining decking area. There is a timber shed/workshop and adjoining woodstore.
Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating.
COUNCIL TAX BAND: E.
Chichester District Council. Tel.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
Northchapel, near Petworth, West Sussex
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Haslemere Station3.9 miles
About the agent
Founded in 1988, Barrington and Company are leading independent residential and commercial estate agents and property managers. We have prominently located offices in Petworth and Midhurst covering one of the most sought after and desirable areas of West Sussex.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100408001009. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Barrington & Company, Petworth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.