Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41
- Spacious Victorian property with 8 en-suite bedrooms
- Set within an excellent location walking distance from the town centre, opposite the college and close to the new university campus
- Garages, workshop and parking to the rear
- Set within a generous plot of approx. 1/3 of an acre
- uPVC double glazing throughout, and recently installed Worcester Bosch combi boiler
- Excellent flexibility within the accommodation for a variety of uses
- Ideal large family home, currently utilised as a guest house
- Potential for development (subject to planning permission) or change of use to student accommodation/ HMO
- Situated within the normal school area for the highly regarded Brookfield Academy Trust
- Guest House furniture, fixtures and fittings can be included for continuance as a guest house or if required
A viewing is essential to truly appreciate the potential of this Victorian property.
Key Features - *Spacious Victorian property with 8 en-suite bedrooms
*Set within an excellent location walking distance from the town centre, opposite the college and close to the new university campus
*Garages, workshop and parking to the rear
*Set within a generous plot of approx. 1/3 of an acre
*uPVC double glazing throughout, and recently installed Worcester Bosch combi boiler
*Excellent flexibility within the accommodation for a variety of uses
*Ideal large family home, currently utilised as a guest house
*Potential for development (subject to planning permission) or change of use to student accommodation/ HMO
*Situated within the normal school area for the highly regarded Brookfield Academy Trust
*Guest House furniture, fixtures and fittings can be included for continuance as a guest house or if required
General - 56 Sheffield Road comprises of a large and rather grand Victorian property, set within a generous plot of approximately 1/3 of an acre within walking distance of Chesterfield town centre. The spacious property comprises of 8 well-proportioned bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities, along with spacious reception rooms including a dining room and lounge, with a galley kitchen of which is a conservatory utilised as a utility room and a family bathroom.
The property offers excellent flexibility within the accommodation, providing a rare opportunity to acquire such a large family home within beautiful mature gardens such a short distance from the town centre.
To the rear of the property is ample off road parking, with two good size garages and an extensive workshop allowing an excellent opportunity for a keen hobbyist or someone looking to work from home (subject to planning permission where required) with the potential to create office space or workshops as required.
The property is currently operated as a successful guest house, with the excellent location providing a good base to explore the historic market town of Chesterfield, the local landmarks such as Chatsworth House and the Peak District National Park beyond. The guest house furniture, fixtures and fittings can all be included within the sale if desired, and the property has been kept up to date with recent rewiring and in line with all fire safety regulations.
Given the accommodation on offer the property would also be ideal for conversion into a house of multiple occupancy (HMO), or student accommodation given the close proximity to the college and the new University of Derby campus (both within a few minutes' walk) especially given that much of the regulations that are required for such properties are already met with the current guest house use. This would of course be subject to seeking the relevant permissions, though it is likely these would be favourable from informal discussions in the past.
Development Potential - Given the size of the plot, there is also potential for further development to the rear of the property, again subject to planning permission. If the main property were to be converted to an HMO or student accommodation as aforementioned, the mature gardens would potentially become something of a luxury to the occupants, and therefore a development to the rear could maximise the further potential of the site.
No formal discussions or approaches to the council have been made at this stage, and we would advise contacting the planning department to discuss the potential if this is something of interest.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1EPC 2
Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chesterfield Station0.4 miles
- Dronfield Station4.4 miles
About the agent
Chesterfield isn't just a property market to us, it's our home. And we've been here since 1871 making us one of the longest established firms of independent estate agents and chartered surveyors in North Derbyshire..
Did you know we were one of the first to advertise local properties in the windows of our town centre offices? We were also one of the first estate agents locally to display our properties on the internet in the early 1990's in a p
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 29687963. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bothams, Chesterfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.