Grange Park Drive, Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Melton Grange location
- Modern Chater Homes property
- Walking distance to the centre of Woodbridge and River Deben
- Flexible accommodation over three floors
- Five bedrooms
- Two bedrooms with en-suites
- Beautiful garden
- Double garage
5 Grange Park Drive is a splendid five bedroom detached family home situated in the highly regarded Melton Grange development. The property is believed to have been built by Chater Homes in 2009 and is within walking distance of the local schools, railway station, river, shops and amenities in Woodbridge. The property features an Orwell's bespoke handmade kitchen with granite work surfaces and offers views towards the River Deben from the (master bedroom suite) triple aspect glazed dormers to the front of the property.
Arranged over three floors the accommodation comprises: canopy style porch, entrance hall, WC, triple aspect sitting room, study, dual aspect open plan kitchen/dining room and utility room on the ground floor. Both the sitting room and dining area offer doors opening to the patio and rear garden. A carpeted staircase rises from the hall to the first floor landing providing access to four bedrooms, an en-suite shower room serving the second bedroom and the family bathroom that offers a bath and separate shower cubicle. A further staircase rises to the second floor landing providing access to the airing cupboard and the master bedroom suite. The master bedroom suite comprises a triple aspect vaulted bedroom with dressing area, two built in wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom offering a bath and separate shower cubicle.
Outside, there is off road parking for two cars on the drive to the front of the double garage which has two remote control up and over doors, power and light. The established front garden is predominantly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders. A pedestrian gate to the side of the garage leads to the enclosed rear garden. The beautifully landscaped rear garden is mainly laid to lawn bordered by well stocked flower and shrub borders and a selection of mature trees and bushes.
Internal viewing is essential to appreciate the quality and flexibility of the accommodation and the convenient location within walking distance of the local schools, railway station, river, shops and amenities.
About The Area
The much sought after market town of Woodbridge is located close to the Suffolk Heritage Coast on the banks of the beautiful River Deben. The town widely known for its' beautiful historic buildings and wide ranging amenities which include a library, two theatres, cinema, sports facilities (including sailing, rowing, tennis, bowls, rugby and football clubs), dentists' and doctors' surgeries including Framfield Medical Centre and a selection of highly reputable schools.
There are spectacular riverside walks from the heart of the town and Woodbridge is well placed for visiting some of the county's best loved attractions such as Orford and Framlingham Castles, Sutton Hoo, Aldeburgh, Southwold and the world renowned Concert Hall at Snape Maltings. For lovers of the outdoors and nature, nearby attractions included RSPB Minsmere, Shingle Street, the forests at Rendlesham and the foot ferries at Bawdsey and Butley. The County town of Ipswich is approximately 10 miles south-west of Woodbridge.
Woodbridge station is on the Ipswich to Lowestoft East Suffolk Line with connections via Ipswich to London Liverpool St.
Ipswich station is on the Great Eastern Main Line approximately 70 miles east of London Liverpool Street Station with a journey time from Ipswich of approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Schools in Woodbridge:
Private Schools: The Abbey (Preparatory School), Woodbridge School (Senior School).
State Schools: Woodbridge Primary School, St Mary's C Of E Primary School, Kyson Primary School and Farlingaye High School.
From the Fine & Country Woodbridge office, continue on Church Street towards the Market Hill and turn right at The Bull Hotel. Continue down New Street and then left at the bottom of the hill onto St Johns Street. At the traffic lights opposite The Red Lion public house, turn left heading towards Melton. Turn left onto Pytches Road opposite the old council offices and then take the second right onto Melton Grange Road. Upon entering the gates to Grange Park Drive, Number 5 will be found as the fourth house on the left hand side.
We are advised by the vendors that the mains electricity, gas, water and drainage are connected.
East Suffolk Council - Band G - 3,194.65 (2021-22).
A service charge is payable to the management company (Melton Grange Management Company Ltd) The amount is £400 per annum (for the period 1st January - 31st December 2019).
ACCOMMODATION WITH APPROXIMATE ROOM SIZES
- Canopy style porch over front door opening to:
- Entrance Hall - 11'4 (max) x 10' (max) tiled entrance hall with cupboard beneath the stairs housing the burglar alarm and doors opening to:
- WC - 5'1 (max) x 5' (max)
- Study - 9'8 (max) x 7'6 (max) a dual aspect room situated to the front of the house.
- Sitting Room - 22'5 x 10'11 a triple aspect reception room with French doors opening to the enclosed rear garden, windows to the front and side and a cole affect gas fire with polished granite back plate and half.
- Open Planned Kitchen/ Dining Room - measured in two sections.
- Dining Area - 10'7 x 9'4 opening to the kitchen, glazed door opening to the enclosed rear garden.
- Kitchen - 12'7 x 10'7 opening to the dining area, bespoke Orwell's handmade fitted kitchen flying through to the dining area benefitting from granite work surfaces, a double ceramic sink, Fisher Paykel dual fuel range style cooker with cooker hood above, integral Neff dishwasher, water softener and space for an American style fridge/freezer.
- Utility Room - 7' (max) x 5'8 (max) bespoke Orwell's handmade fitted units with granite work surfaces and inset sink, half glazed door to the side and wall mounted cupboard concealing the Worcester gas fired central heating boiler.
A carpeted stair case with cupboard beneath rises to the first floor landing with window to the front and doors opening to:
- Bedroom Two - 11'1 x 10'10 a dual aspect room with built in double wardrobe and door leading to:
- En-suite Shower Room - 7'6 x 4'10
- Bedroom Three - 15'4 (max) x 7'5 (max) two windows to the rear aspect and built in double wardrobe.
- Bedroom Four - 11'2 x 9'5 a dual aspect bedroom with built in double wardrobe.
- Bedroom Five - 9'10 opening to 11'11 (max) by the door x 7'3 views of the former Melton Grange Hotel and the holy regarded River Deben from the window.
- Family Bathroom - 9'10 (max) x 7'1 (max) (measured over the bath) offering a bath and separate shower cubicle.
A carpeted staircase rises to the second floor master suite and a landing providing access to the shelved airing cupboard.
Master Bedroom suite comprising a bedroom, walk through dressing area with two built in wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom.
The master bedroom suite enjoys views of the former Melton Grange Hotel and towards the River Deben from the side of the glazed dormer windows in the bedroom and en-suite bathroom.
Door opening from the landing to the dressing area:
- Dressing Area - approximately 20'11 x 7'9 (max) with reduced head room to the rear wall due to the vaulted ceiling. Two built in wardrobes with space and a dormer window between them.
- Main Bedroom Area - 16'4 opening to 19'5 (max) within the front and rear dormer windows x 11'1 opening in to the dressing area. A triple aspect room with dormer windows to the front and rear and gable windows to the side.
Agents Note - Reduced headroom to the front and rear walls either side of the dormer windows due to the vaulted ceiling.
- En-suite Bathroom - 8'2 x 7'7 (plus the recessed shower cubicle) benefiting from a bath and separate shower, the en-suite bathroom offers views towards the River Deben from the side of the glazed dormer window and gable windows to the side of the property.
- Double Garage - 19' wide reducing to 18'3 between the brick piers by 18'5 long (measured between the back wall and the internal garage door handles). Pitched tiled roof, two remote controlled garage doors, half glazed pedestrian door to side, power and light.
- Parking - There is off road parking for two cars from the drive to the front of the garage.
The front garden is predominately laid to lawn with well stocked flower and shrub borders.
Pedestrian gates to the side of the double garage opens to the enclosed rear garden.
The beautifully landscaped rear garden offers patio areas to the side and rear of the house, terrace beds with shingle and established planting, a formal lawn, well stocked flower and shrub borders, a selection of mature trees and shrubs and a utility area to the far side of the garage.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
Grange Park Drive, Woodbridge, Suffolk
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Woodbridge Station0.6 miles
- Melton Station1.0 miles
- Wickham Market Station5.1 miles
About the agent
About Fine & Country Woodbridge & Ipswich
Why you should sell your home through us....
Fine & Country is the fastest growing and most dynamic group of high quality estate agents specialising in the sale and rental of residential property in the upper quartile of the market place. With offices in over 300 locations worldwide, Fine & Country is well placed to deliver you the ultimate service whether you are buying, selling or letting
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference 100063004248. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Woodbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.