Swan Lane, Faringdon, SN7
- A first floor retirement apartment
- One double bedroom
- New carpets throughout
- Fitted kitchen
- Easy living
- Beautiful communal gardens
- Access to communal lounge and social events
- Access via elevator or stairs
Inside the building is a communal laundry room and a large and sociable residents' lounge, as well as a guest apartment which visitors can stay in.
The apartment is accessed by lift to the first floor and comprises an entrance hall with large walk-in storage cupboard. A fitted kitchen with oven and hob lies off the living room with newly fitted carpets throughout. The bedroom is a good-sized double with fitted wardrobes and the bathroom has been refitted to include a large walk-in shower cubicle. This property benefits from new carpets throughout.
The lease is 125 years from 2005, with ground rent of £395 per annum and service charge currently of approx £1,800 pa.
The historic market town of Faringdon, dating back at least to the 12th century, has a thriving community and amenities such as the Leisure Centre, Library, Faringdon Community College, Junior and Infant schools as well as The Old Station Nursery, doctors' and dentists' surgeries and a Family Centre. Buses travel from the town to private schools at Abingdon. The town now boasts three large supermarkets.
Faringdon is also ideally positioned for the A420, leading to the A34, M40 and M4 and mainline railway services from Swindon, Oxford, Oxford Parkway and Didcot Parkway. There is a frequent bus service through the town from Swindon to Oxford and back, linking to rail services and airports.
The Tower on Folly Hill was built by Lord Berners in 1935 and affords panoramic views across four counties. For over 20 years, the town has been twinned with Le Mêle-sur-Sarthe in France and in 2004, Faringdon became the first Fairtrade town in the South East of England.
Swan Lane, Faringdon, SN7
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Swindon Station10.8 miles
About the agent
We are a leading firm of independent estate agents helping people on the move in Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire - selling modern and period homes throughout the region's most sought-after towns and villages. With offices in Faringdon, Cirencester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Nailsworth and Tetbury, our clients enjoy extensive marketing across our branch network coupled with award winning customer service.
We also have a London office, ensuring yo
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference FAR200449. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Perry Bishop, Faringdon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.