Broadwater Down, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
- 3-D TOUR AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
- Broadwater Down is a sought-after location on the South side of Tunbridge Wells
- 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Generous open plan accommodation extending to 3,210 sq ft over 3 floors
- Fibre-To-The-Property (FTTP) - excellent for working from home
- Lower ground floor extends to £1,226 sq ft providing garage, office and ample storage
- Excellent primary & secondary schools in walking distance
- 1 minutes’ walk from the Centaur Commuter Coach
- 1.4 miles to Tunbridge Wells mainline station
This house is a generous family home is set up with an office for working from home and installed with Fibre-To-The-Property (FTTP) broadband.
Modernised throughout with four good-sized bedrooms and the three bath/shower rooms are arranged over two floors.
The spacious living room, which has a granite fireplace and woodburner leads to a modern kitchen with a Falcon Range stove.
The lower ground floor is substantial and includes an office as well as a garage with a new roller garage door.
Rosan is on the Eridge Road end of Broadwater Down, a sought after address and popular area on the south side of Tunbridge Wells.
The historic Pantiles and Tunbridge Wells High Street are just over 1 mile with the mainline station just beyond. The town centre offers a wide choice of shops, two theatres, cafés and restaurants. Tunbridge Wells is well known for its commons and public parks, but just outside of town their amazing leisure amenities such as Bewl Water and Bedgebury Forest.
This house has been well looked after in the current ownership with many improvements over the years which include:
• Four years ago a new granite fireplace and woodburner including the flue, and a new roller door garage door fitted.
• Five and a half years ago a new roof on half of the house was installed including new gutters, facias and soffits.
• Recently the garden, particularly to the rear of the property, has had significant work and investment, with advice and assistance from a professional gardener, which also included new boundary fencing. The front drive has been laid and a surrounding wall built.
• New boiler, four radiators and fuse-box in basement area.
Ground floor – the front porch opens up into a hallway which leads to the bright and airy open plan kitchen with an island and all modern appliances, including the Falcon Range stove. Patio doors lead out into the rear garden directly off the kitchen.
The living room and dining room adjacent to the kitchen also have doors leading out into garden with plenty of sunlight coming in. New blinds have been installed throughout the property. As well as a utility room and shower room there are 2 good-sized bedrooms.
First floor - the Landing leads to two more spacious double bedrooms, one of which is the master suite with an en-suite bathroom a separate bath and shower. There is an additional good-sized bathroom along the hallway with a shower.
Lower ground floor – this spacious basement area, currently used as an office with heating installed and also provides garage and ample storage space.
The house sits in the centre of the plot in an elevated private position, with the gardens on multiple layers, providing several secluded spots.
The terraced garden, particularly to the rear of the property has had significant work and investment, with advice and assistance from a professional gardener, which also included new boundary fencing.
On the edge of the countryside but close to all amenities, this is a popular area on the south side of town. There is an abundance of walks on offer, including the Hargate Forest directly opposite or a walk across the fields to the High Rocks.
Broadwater Warren (RSPB) Nature Reserve is close by as is the excellent Ashdown Forest, which is a 15 minute drive away.
A walk to the Pantiles can include taking a coffee in the cafes or a meal in the many restaurants, the small Saturday markets, the wide selection of great shops and furthermore, the broad range of pubs and evening activities that are arranged there.
Broadwater down has a number of well-regarded preparatory schools including Broadwater Down and Frant, Holmewood House, and The Mead.
At senior level Broadwater Down is in the catchment area for all the major grammar and state schools including Judd, Skinners, Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar, Tunbridge Wells Girls Grammar, Tonbridge Grammar School for Girls, Weald of Kent Girls, Bennett Memorial and St Gregory’s.
Tunbridge Wells station provides commuter services to London Charing Cross and Cannon Street (via London Bridge and Waterloo East). The recently dualed A21 north of town links to the M25 and motorway network.
The Centaur Commuter Coach is a great means of travelling to Canary Wharf. Route 786 picks up little more than a minutes’ walk away from Rosan and goes to Canary Wharf (less than 1 hour 20 minutes to this drop-off), The City, Westminster, Millbank and many more Central London stops.
• New double glazing throughout• Fibre-To-The-Property broadband• New boiler and fuse-box• EPC Rating C
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Broadwater Down, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Tunbridge Wells Station1.3 miles
- Frant Station2.4 miles
- High Brooms Station2.7 miles
About the agent
Winkworth was established in 1835 and, in 1981, became the UK's first franchised estate agency operation. Now, with a network of over 80 offices and, as an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape. Along with an extensive London presence, Winkworth has offices spanning the UK and an increasing international presence.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TWL200065. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Winkworth, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.