This detached cottage style property was constructed circa 1997 and the current owners have occupied the property since it was built. Internally, there is a wealth of character with many exposed timbers and there is also the benefit of gas fired underfloor heating. Outside, the property is approached through a 5 bar gate. There is a detached double garage with first floor storage area. The gardens extend to about half an acre with large expanses of lawn, herbaceous borders and many specimen trees. The grounds enjoy a good measure of seclusion.
- Recessed Entrance Porch to Entrance Hallway
- Triple Aspect Sitting Room - feature inglenook style fireplace with heavy oak bressumer
- Further Reception Room - feature fireplace with exposed brickwork and woodburning stove. A double aspect room with double door to garden
- Family Room
- Kitchen/Dining Room - with a range of farmhouse style base and wall cupboards, recess with exposed brickwork, space for Range oven, deep Butler's sink, terracotta tiled floor, vaulted ceiling to dining area, double doors to garden
- Utility Room, gas fired boiler, door to garden
- Principal Bedroom - range of inbuilt wardrobes
- En-suite Bathroom - white suite of bath, hand basin, WC and shower cubicle
- 3 Further Bedrooms - 2 with inbuilt wardrobes
- Family Bathroom - white suite of bath, hand basin, WC and shower cubicle
- Double garage, internal staircase to first floor storage area
- Driveway providing ample car parking space
- Gardens and grounds of about half an acre
The house occupies a secluded position in this private park. The origins of Dormans Park date back to the 1800s. It originally comprised of over 200 acres of farmland and woodland. Following the arrival of the railway, with London just 28 miles away, it became a peaceful environment in which to live. Today, it offers an interesting variety of houses, both old and new, in tranquil surroundings.
The old market town of East Grinstead is about 2.5 miles away. Dormansland village is just over 1 mile with village store and pretty church, whilst Lingfield is about 2.5 miles offering local shopping facilities, the renowned Racecourse, and the highly regarded Lingfield College, an independent day school. For commuters, Dormans Station is just over 1 mile away. For the international traveller, Gatwick airport is about 9 miles distant.
BrochuresReferral Feesweb brochure
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dormans Station0.7 miles
- East Grinstead Station1.5 miles
- Lingfield Station2.1 miles
About the agent
Located on the High Street, our Lingfield office is perfectly situated to cover the immediate area including Dormansland and Dormans Park, but our team also cover an extremely wide area to Tunbridge Wells and the Ashdown Forest and all the surrounding villages. The Lingfield office is also where our Private Estates Division is based.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100126009013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Robert Leech Estate Agents, Lingfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.