South Bar Street, Banbury
- Beautifully presented two bed apartment
- Duplex apartment on two floors
- Converted Grade II Listed building
- Converted in 2018
- Allocated parking to rear
- Pets permitted
- Front garden solely owned by subject property
- Town centre location
- Walking distance to railway station
- Stunning character features
Banbury Cross 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.5 Miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
Directions - If approaching on foot, you can go through the main black door directly from South Bar Street directly into the property.
Situation - BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
The Property - FLAT 1, 48 SOUTH BAR STREET is a most impressive two bedroom apartment that forms part of a 2018 renovation of a Grade II Listed building. The renovation was tastefully finished, retaining as many original features as possible, including period decor, large feature sash windows and high ceilings. The property is a duplex apartment split over two floors with the entrance off the main front door off South Bar Street and at the rear from the car park. On the lower ground floor there is the second bedroom. Though a Grade II Listed building, the apartment is modern in design with there being a large open plan family dining/kitchen area being the hub of the accommodation. There are two double bedrooms, family bathroom and external communal area as well as communal parking.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A renovated Grade II Listed building.
* Immaculately presented two bedroom apartment.
* Walking distance to town centre and railway station.
* Entrance lobby off South Bar Street with access to the main sitting room area.
* There is another door at the rear of the apartment that leads to the corridor leading to the car park.
* Main sitting room/dining room area with wood flooring, space for table and chairs, lounge area with large sash windows ot front, spotlights, opening to the kitchen.
* Kitchen with a range of shaker style units, electric oven, four ring electric hob with extractor hood over, tiled splashbacks, one and a half sink unit with mixer tap over, spotlights.
* Good sized bathroom with stone tiled floor, WC and wash basin, velux window, free standing bath, walk-in shower cubicle with subway tiled splashbacks.
* Bedroom one is a double with a sash window to front.
* On the lower ground floor is the second bedroom or reception room with double glazed window to front, spotlights, glass oak double doors, two built-in storage cupboards.
* Externally to the rear of the property there is a communal garden with patio area, decorative gravelled area, raised borders and small astroturf area. The front area of garden facing South Bar Street is owned entirely by the vendors.
* Communal resident car park to rear with one allocated numbered parking space (accessed via West Bar Street).
Tenure - The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced in 2018. Service charge £1,000 per annum. Ground rent £250 per annum until 2027.
Services - All mains services are connected.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Referral Fees - Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1EPC 2EPC 3
South Bar Street, Banbury
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Banbury Station0.5 miles
- Kings Sutton Station3.7 miles
About the agent
A reputation built on trust and experience
Always Selling and Letting
Established in 1984, Anker and Partners are the longest running independent firm of Estate Agents, Letting Agents and Chartered Surveyors in Banbury.
We offer a committed approach to selling and letting property and pride ourselves on our quality of service, dealing with everything from studio apartments to country homes.
- Over 30 years of
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 29854632. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.