Dyke Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3
- Fantastic existing ground floor space with huge scope to create your ideal family home
- Planning permission to increase to ca. 4000 sq ft
- Integral garage
- One of the largest gardens in the area facing south-east and backing onto Lancing Prep cricket field
- Private carriage driveway
- Period features
- Opposite church
- Total of approx. 2898sq ft
The house has effectively been stripped out to prepare for extensive works but retains a magnificent, original wood panelled drawing room with fireplace, and an elegant staircase. To the left of the entrance hallway is a sitting room with double doors onto a further reception room, running front to back. To the right is a huge kitchen-dining-family space with two further large areas which could become utility, TV/games room, gym or studio. There is also access to the garage. A cloakroom/WC completes the extensive ground floor.
The charming staircase curves up past a stained glass window to the first floor where a large principal bedroom benefits from an en suite bathroom and bay windows with views that stretch down towards the sea. Three additional bedrooms supply a good amount of family accommodation and whilst one has an en suite of its own, the other two share a family bathroom.
Set back from the road behind a walled carriage-driveway bay windows, timbers and mature foliage give an appealing first impression. There is an integral garage and the drive provides off-road parking for several vehicles.
The garden is one of the largest in the area, with multiple a large lawned area backing onto the Lancing Prep cricket field, and s and is bordered by mature trees giving privacy and seclusion.
The house is in a convenient location with easy road access to both the A27 and A23. The South Downs National Park are effectively at the top of Dyke Road and there are excellent local state and independent schools, along with amenities such as Withdean Sports Stadium, Dyke Road Park, Preston Park and Hove Park nearby. A Tesco Express is just down the road, as well as a few pubs and cafes. Brighton city centre has excellent shopping facilities with the seafront and Hove Lawns also easily accessible. Preston Park Station (0.5 miles) is on the Brighton Line and offers fast and direct services to London and Gatwick Airport.
Planning permission (BH2019/00500) has been granted for a loft and first floor extension to bring the floorspace up to around 4000 square feet.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Dyke Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Preston Park Station0.3 miles
- Hove Station0.7 miles
- London Road (Brighton) Station1.0 miles
About the agent
With over 150 years experience in selling and letting property, Hamptons has a network of over 90 branches across the country and internationally, marketing a huge variety of properties from compact flats to grand country estates. We're national estate agents, with local offices. We know our local areas as well as any local agent. But our network means we can market your property to a much greater number of the right sort of buyers or tenants.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HOV190128. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons Sales, Hove. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.