Castle Road, Southsea, Hampshire
- Outstanding Four Bedroom Period Townhouse
- Conservation Area
- Located within 250 Yards Southsea Common & Beach
- Versatile Accommodation with ability to have a self-contained apartment
- Large Sunny Garden with Rear Access
- Walking Distance to Main Line Train Station
- Solar Panels
- Must View
*OUR OFFICES REMAIN OPEN AND BY LAW STILL ALLOWED TO DO PHYSICAL VIEWINGS, CALL US NOW TO BOOK YOUR VIEWING*
Leaders are delighted to offer for sale this " SUPERB ONE OF A KIND 4 BEDROOM HOUSE WITH VERY FLEXIBLE LIVING ACCOMMODATION" Located in the heart of Castle Road, which is known for its variety of independent cafes, antique shops and boutiques. If you are seeking a city living property, but also within minutes of the beach then this could just be the ideal home for you.
Built in 1916 as a pair of character cottages on the site of a former brewery, this stunning and unique property has had various incarnations, such as a cafe and a guest house, as well as having been converted and joined, to offer a large single property. Prior to the current owners buying the house, it was owned by a professional couple who with their children, used the upper floors as a maisonette, allowing the entire ground floor level to become a self-contained ‘Granny flat’. The current owners bought the property in 1983 and have lovingly and carefully renovated the property. Major changes that have significantly enhanced the property, such as converting a very large stairwell that ran through all floors of the house into a room (currently used as a study) on the first floor level and a bathroom on the second floor, continue to provide a uniqueness and charm that is now rarely found. The current garden, large for Southsea and originally an open area of rubble, is now fully walled. A railing now fronts the first floor patio and stairs now lead from that external space to a ground level courtyard garden and then through a gate, into the main garden. From here, a door allows rear access to the garage and separate off-road parking and a gate provides useful access from the rear of the property for pedestrians and cycles, to the road. Yet further enhancements make this deceptively large property a MUST SEE!
6.17m x 3m
5.44m x 4.52m
4.27m x 3.02m
3.2m x 1.98m
6.12m x 3.25m
3.63m x 3.33m
11.4m x 3.25m
4.93m x 3.15m
4.42m x 2.3m
5.92m x 3.2m
2.08m x 1.24m
2.74m x 2.46m
3.33m x 2.74m
3.33m x 2.4m
Castle Road, Southsea, Hampshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Portsmouth & Southsea Station0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Harbour Station0.8 miles
- Fratton Station1.0 miles
About the agent
We're open for business!
Our offices are now open, however the safety of our clients and colleagues is of paramount importance to us, so we are following strict social distancing guidelines and where possible we will be continuing with virtual viewings. Get in touch to book your virtual viewings!Successfully selling in Southsea
Leaders is one of the UK's largest and most-established independent estate and lettings agen
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference GUN190007. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Leaders Sales, Southsea. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.