Christchurch Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23
- Virtual tour available
- Impressive period home with a wonderfully versatile interior across 3 floors
- Generous accommodation including further outbuilding amounting to 5130 sq. ft.
- Superb detached coach house with workshop, gym and games room
- Excellent local amenities and a convenient access to the City
- Large open private driveway providing ample off-street parking
- EPC Rating = D
Set in the prime residential area of St Cross, this most impressive detached period residence offers very generous accommodation arranged over three floors and totaling 4185
sq ft. The interior is beautifully proportioned with a versatile arrangement of accommodation ideally suited to meet the demands of modern family living. There are some wonderful period features, with an elegant central staircase off the welcoming entrance hall. Each of the rooms has high ceilings, with detailed features which include ornate cornicing and working fireplaces. The ground floor features two large reception rooms, a snug which is currently used as a study, a lovely open-plan fitted kitchen with dining/living space and a separate utility room with cloakroom. The property also has access to a large cellar. The seven bedrooms are arranged across the first and second floors, each offering double bedroom proportions. There are two large family bathrooms and an en suite to each of the two principal bedrooms.
In addition to the main house, there is a superb detached Coach House located at the rear of the garden. The Coach House has been fully renovated and offers a wonderful studio leisure space, with large games rooms, workshop and WC on the first floor, with then a studio/gym and shower room on the first floor.
The house enjoys a deep walled frontage with a large open private drive where several cars can park . There is wide side access to the rear garden which has a wide central lawn, established shrub borders and a paved terrace adjacent to the rear of the property with French doors leading from the Sitting room and Kitchen/breakfast room.
A pleasant situation set back off the Christchurch Road in the highly sought-after area of St Cross. St Cross is nestled alongside the water meadows and Itchen Navigation in the shadow of St Catherine's Hill and is within walking distance of the main line train station or bustling High Street.
The City is also home to highly regarded educational establishments including Winchester College, St. Swithun’s and Pilgrims’ School. Additional preparatory and state schools are situated locally including Peter Symonds College, Farleigh and Twyford Preparatory schools.
The railway station is one mile away with a direct train service to London waterloo in about 60 minutes. The M3 (junction 9) is approximately 3 miles away offering direct access to London and the south coast, the A34 is also easily accessible providing access to the A303 and the Midlands. Heathrow and Southampton Airports are 55 and 12 miles away respectively.
Square Footage: 5,130 sq ft
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Christchurch Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Winchester Station1.0 miles
- Shawford Station2.2 miles
- Chandlers Ford Station5.5 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WNS180411. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.