Usk Road, Shirenewton, Chepstow
- Delightful Detached 2/3 bed country cottage with land and grounds extending to approx. 7.3 acres. Requires updating and some renovation and offers scope for extension (subject to necessary conse...
- Beautiful open views down the valley and across to Chepstow Park Wood
- Land divided into 3 parcels with a further parcel below the property
- Original two bed cottage extended some years ago with a single storey extension to provide kitchen, shower room and large living room
- Two bedrooms upstairs with stairs from dining room
- Dual aspect living room, dining room, study (which could be used as a third bedroom), kitchen and downstairs shower room
- Greenhouse, metal shed, wooden shed and small outhouse/coal shed
- Further land available by separate negotiation
- Within easy commuting distance of the regional centres of Bristol, Cardiff and Newport
This detached two/three bed country cottage with land has been in the same family for decades and rarely do opportunities like this cottage, in this area, come to the market.
The cottage benefitted from a single storey extension some years ago so that the two existing ground floor living areas were complimented by an additional large living room, a kitchen and shower room. The property enjoys an elevated position with views down the valley and across to Chepstow Park Wood. The land and grounds extend to 7.3 acres and is divided into three parcels with a separate lower parcel below the house.
Outside there is a greenhouse, metal shed and wooden shed with a small stone outhouse.The cottage has a lawned area to the rear and garden area to the side and front with pedestrian and field gates to the land.
An opportunity exists to renovate and extend the cottage subject to obtaining the necessary consents.
Situated approx. 2 miles from the highly sought after village of Shirenewton, with 3 public houses, a highly regarded primary school, Church and recreational grounds with village hall. The market town of Chepstow is approximately 6 miles away and from which access to the M48 and Severn Bridge is reached with access to the national road network with the regional centres of Bristol (22 miles), Newport (20 miles) and Cardiff (33miles) within easy reach. Secondary schooling, leisure and shopping facilities can be found in Chepstow and Monmouth. Its location in the heart of Monmouthshire also means a plethora of available outdoor activities, there are many quiet country lanes, bridal paths and footpaths within the local area and excellent riding out in Wentwood and Chepstow Park. The Wye Valley is also a short distance away.
Covered Entrance porch with quarry tiled floor leads to Hallway with door to Study and Sitting room.
With stable door to rear garden, fitted with sink and drainer, range of wall and base units, space for cooker and boiler, lino floor. Door to
With shower unit and electric shower, WC and wash hand basin
With windows to front, tiled hearth surrounding fireplace, built in cupboard steps down to
Enjoying a dual aspect, UPVC windows, feature stone fireplace and tiled hearth
Which could be utilised as a third bedroom with front aspect.
Stairs lead from dining room to spacious Landing with window to front. Doors either side to each bedroom.
Beamed ceiling and a ceramic tiled fireplace, with a front aspect
Enjoys a front aspect
Ample parking on tarmac driveway, lawned area to rear and front garden with greenhouse, stone retaining wall to feature gravelled raised area, pedestrian and field gates to fields, greenhouse sheds and stone outhouse. A concrete path wraps around the property.
Approached from a lane off the Usk Road, a shared tarmac track leads to a further track over a cattle grid which solely serves this property, in the ownership of the neighbouring farm, leading to the tarmac driveway.
Further land is available by separate negotiation.
Mains electricity, oil central heating, private water supply (bore hole and pump on adjacent land) and private drainage to septic tank.
Council Tax Band: F Monmouthshire County Council
EPC Rating: F
Strictly by appointment with the Agents: DJ&P Newland Rennie. Tel:
Leaving Chepstow take the B4235 Usk Road, after just over 4 miles take the right hand turn signposted Pany-Y-Cosyn follow this lane down and when it levels out after the house on your left take left turn up the track to the property.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS
Unless specifically described in these particulars, all other, fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale though may be available by separate negotiation. Further information is available from the Vendor's agents.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull DetailsPromap
Energy Performance CertificatesEnergy Perform...
Usk Road, Shirenewton, Chepstow
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chepstow Station4.7 miles
- Caldicot Station5.0 miles
- Severn Tunnel Junction Station5.0 miles
About the agent
How can we help you?
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, rent or let your property. DJ&P Newland Rennie are perfectly placed to help you. Our experienced staff listen to your needs and tailor a package to suit. Whatever the reason behind your property requirements, with our invaluable local knowledge and experience we can support you making the right decision for you.
Why chose us?
We are an established company who has invested in our staff ensuring you receive the high
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10071439. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by DJ&P Newland Rennie, Chepstow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.