More Hall Lane, Bolsterstone, Sheffield, S36
- Stunning countryside on the edge of the Peak District National Park
- Generously proportioned reception rooms
- Wonderful views from the bedrooms
- Generous grounds and gardens with a lovely terrace
- About 7 miles from the M1
More Hall is an historic Grade II Listed house on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
More Hall dates back to the 16th Century, owned by Thomas More of More Hall. More of More Hall features in a ballad - The Dragon of Wantley, which was performed as an Opera in Covent Garden and Haymarket in the 18th century.
The house has been restored by the current owner offering beautifully proportioned accommodation, predominately facing south, with lovely views. The principal reception rooms are ideal for entertaining and family life, and have been decorated.
There remains a double bedroom/box room and an en suite bedroom above the kitchen to be decorated, to suit the next owner’s requirements.
There are up to 7 bedrooms including the 2 bedrooms requiring refurbishment. The principal bedroom with a bathroom adjacent is of particular note for its size, exposed floor boards and 2 sash windows overlooking the garden.
The house is set in 2.17 acres of mature grounds including ponds, an orchard and a woodland garden with a great show of daffodils in season.
To the front of the house is a stone flagged terrace overlooking the front lawn.
The house is accessed from a private lane onto a parking area, where there is a double garage.
More Hall Lane is a quiet rural area set in the Ewden Valley only 1 mile from Bolsterstone village on the border of the Peak District National Park. There are excellent local walks by the Reservoir and within the National Park. Bolsterstone has
a church, village hall and public house.
There are local amenities at Stocksbridge about 2.5 miles away, including post office, shops, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets, leisure centre, outdoor activity centre, golf
club and a number of Primary schools and a Secondary School. Further afield is the popular shopping centre Sheffield Meadow Hall (10 miles) and Sheffield City centre is about 8 miles distant. There is a mainline train station with regular direct trains to
Manchester, Leeds and some direct trains making the journey to London St Pancras in just over 2 hours.
The M1 provides excellent access North and South, as well as to Sheffield City centre and Woodhead Pass to Manchester. The closest airport is Doncaster Sheffield Airport 30.5 miles away.
Please note all distances are approximate.
Square Footage: 5,021 sq ft
Acreage: 2.17 Acres
More Hall Lane, Bolsterstone, Sheffield, S36
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Middlewood Tram Stop3.6 miles
- Chapeltown Station3.9 miles
- Leppings Lane Tram Stop4.0 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference YOS170330. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.