Cherry Hill, Brandsby, York, YO61
- Virtual viewings availiable
- Restored country house with stunning views
- Wonderful south facing reception rooms
- Gardens and grounds including a pool and tennis court
- Located in The Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Conveniently located for York, only 14.5 miles
- There is a former nursery adjacent to the property which could be available by separate negotiation, measuring about 3 acres
- EPC Rating = D
Cherry Hill is an impressive country house completed in 1909, a generous and light home commanding an imposing position with uninterrupted views towards York and beyond.
The property was designed by well known local architect Fred Rowntree, who designed Rowntree’s Cocoa Works in York. Since purchasing, the current owners have carried out an extensive and sympathetic restoration of the property including: rewiring, replumbing, improved insulation and a new kitchen with Aga for modern living.
Most of the principal reception rooms and bedrooms are south facing overlooking the formal gardens, affording light and spacious accommodation ideal for family and entertaining.
The upper floors currently offer 9 bedrooms, some with dressing rooms and bathrooms. The former nursery/school rooms on the 2nd floor are now a craft room and a games room. There is a possibility to create a flat or home office on the second floor.
The house is approached through electric gates along a lit driveway leading to the triple garage and stores.
Of particular note are the gardens, terraced and landscaped with an attractive parterre and impressive views. To the east is an outdoor swimming pool with changing room, the pool is heated by an economic air source system. Within the grounds is a tennis court, and a paddock suitable for horses, measuring about 2.5 acres with a water supply.
There is a former nursery adjacent to the property which could be available by separate negotiation, measuring about 3 acres.
Easingwold 4.5 miles, Helmsley 10.5 miles, York 15 miles, Leeds 39 miles (all distances approximate)
Cherry Hill is situated in its own grounds close to the village of Brandsby in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, on the edge of the Howardian Hills.
To the west is the Georgian market town of Easingwold providing a wealth of amenities including a weekly market.
There are nearby independent schools including Ampleforth College, Queen Mary's and, in York, St. Peter’s, Bootham and The Mount.
The closest city is York with rail connections to London in under 2 hours. Leeds/Bradford International Airport is about 42 miles away.
Please note all distances are approximate.
Square Footage: 9,150 sq ft
Acreage: 6.7 Acres
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Cherry Hill, Brandsby, York, YO61
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Poppleton Station11.9 miles
About the agent
Leading Property Consultants
Expansive Property Website
Over 100 UK Offices
Over 30 London Offices
Leaders in Research
Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference YOS130062. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.