Connaught Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
- Exciting refurbishment and extension opportunity
- 4-bedroom detached house
- Planning permission granted to add 930 sq ft of living accommodation
- Generous 0.3 acre plot
- Off-street driveway parking
- Attractive mature gardens with patio
- Sought-after location, on quiet residential street
- Close to primary and secondary schools
- 1 mile to Tunbridge Wells mainline station
Planning permission was granted on 4th September 2020 for a two-storey extension incorporating the garage and loft extension providing approximately 930 sq ft of additional living accommodation. This could be arranged as a large open space on the ground floor that could be designed by the buyer to include garage(s), snug and utility/laundry/shower room, a large bedroom with en-suite on the first floor and a further large bedroom suite with dressing room and full bathroom in the loft.
Completely unmodernised, this detached house comes with a generous sized living room and kitchen/diner. There is also a downstairs WC. Upstairs there are 3 good sized bedrooms and a small box room, with a large family bathroom. There are large windows throughout the house, which allow for generous light during the course of the whole day.
The garden wraps around 3 sides of the house with a large lawn area to the south-east of the property and a large patio area at the back of the house. A large hedgerow shelters the house from the residential road, allowing for it to be safe and secure for children playing.
There is a single garage and a long driveway with enough room for 3 cars in total.
Set in the sought-after Connaught Way, this provides great access both into town and out to the countryside. It is closely located to town, within 20-minute walking distance, which offers a great variety of shops, restaurants, cafes and more. Tunbridge Wells offers a fantastic high street, as well as the famous Pantiles and Royal Victoria Place Shopping Centre. It is also under a mile to the brilliant Tunbridge Wells Common.
There is an excellent choice of well-regarded schools in the vicinity, including Skinners, the Tunbridge Wells Girls' and Tunbridge Wells Boys' Grammars, Bennett Memorial Diocesan, Bishops Down Primary and Rose Hill preparatory.
The property is located 1 mile to Tunbridge Wells station, providing a direct commuter train into London Bridge, also bound for Charing Cross and Cannon Street with times under an hour.
There is also the 280-bus route, just a few minutes down the road, that can take you directly into the town centre in under 10 minutes.
• EPC rating E
• Planning permission granted on 4th September 2020. Plans available upon request and can be accessed via the planning portal reference 20/01804/FULL.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Connaught Way, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Tunbridge Wells Station0.7 miles
- High Brooms Station1.3 miles
- Frant Station3.0 miles
About the agent
Winkworth was established in 1835 and, in 1981, became the UK's first franchised estate agency operation. Now, with a network of over 80 offices and, as an active supporter of industry regulation, Winkworth is a familiar and trusted feature of the estate agency landscape. Along with an extensive London presence, Winkworth has offices spanning the UK and an increasing international presence.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TWL200092. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Winkworth, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.