Victoria Court, New Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1
- 6 months' rent incentive by the seller! º
- *£58,750 for a 25% share available under the shared ownership scheme*
- Double glazed windows for sound insulation
- You can purchase more shares up to 75% when the time is right for you
- Excellent starter home - perfect for commuters, single occupants and families
- Walking distance to public transport and Chelmsford Train Station
- Easy access to the A12 providing routes to London and the A130 and A131 close by
- Communal gardens
Tenure: Leasehold, 83 years remaining
- Introduction -
Looking for independence and a home to call your own? This ideal two-bed apartment is located within an established residential area in Chelmsford. In the immediate area you will find local amenities, bus services and convenient access to the town centre and beyond. The property provides convenient road links to the A12 which serves London, the A130 to the South and A131 to Braintree and surrounding areas; so why not take a look?
- What the owner says -
"Offered for sale with a 25% share of ownership is this modern City Centre first floor two- bedroom apartment. Two great sized double bedrooms and a fabulous lounge with semi open-plan kitchen and a balcony, a modern bathroom, spacious entrance hall with entry phone system, well kept & private communal grounds.
Ideally located within a short stroll to Chelmsford mainline station and city centre. Absolutely ideal for first-time buyers and commuters alike - opportunity to purchase up to 75%."
- Full description -
Shared ownership is a government backed scheme that can be a stepping stone to completely owning your own home. If you're finding it difficult to save for a deposit this is a great option as the amount you'll need is based on the share you're buying.
Two-bed first-floor apartment.
- Entrance hallway with telephone entry system for peace of mind and built in storage cupboard.
- Living room (4.39m x 4.01m) with direct access to the kitchen and patio doors leading to private balcony.
- Kitchen (3.20m x 1.93m) fitted with coordinating wall and base units, electric oven, gas hob, extractor and window to rear aspect.
- Main bedroom (3.73m x 2.59m) with double built in wardrobe and window to front aspect.
- Second bedroom (3.33m x 3.20m) with window to front aspect.
- Bathroom includes white suite comprising panelled bath, wash basin and WC. Partially tiled walls, radiator and extractor fan.
- Gas central heating.
- Well maintained communal gardens and secure storage area.
*NOTE* There is no parking space included with the flat but local arrangements can be made from other flat owners.
- Costs -
PRICE - £58,750*
RENT - £623.77pm
SERVICE CHARGE - £134.51pm**
6 month's rent paid by the seller upon completion º
*This represents a 25% share of the full open market value of £235,000
**This includes: management charge, service charge, building insurance and sinking fund. Rent and service charges are reviewed annually.
º To be discussed during conveyancing
- General Information -
Lease: 99 years from 1 November 2004
Years remaining on lease: approx. 83
Approximate internal area: 51 sq. m.
Local authority: Chelmsford City Council
Council tax band: C
EPC rating: C (79)
- Terms, conditions and requirements -
Minimum household income requirement: £25,567^
Application process: A financial assessment must be completed before any physical viewing can take place. This forms part of Home Group's buyer approval process. These assessments are carried out remotely by The Mortgage People. Once you have confirmed an interest in purchasing a property, the contact details will be made available.
We will not carry out any credit checks or contact any reference agencies without your written consent.
Help to Buy Agent: In order to apply you must be registered with South You will need to provide your HTB reference when completing the application process.
Current homeowners: Anyone who currently owns a home must have a sale agreed to apply.
Priority: Priority is given to first time buyers.
- Viewings -
In addition to the financial assessment, a virtual tour is required before any physical viewing can take place.
Virtual and physical viewings are held strictly by appointment - call today for more information.
Only those who have physically viewed the property are able to apply. If you have viewed and would like to apply please register your interest with the Resales Team.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
Victoria Court, New Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Chelmsford Station0.3 miles
- Hatfield Peverel Station5.8 miles
- Ingatestone Station6.3 miles
About the agent
Home Group, Re-Sales, Farringdon
Home Group Limited, Farringdon Point, 33 Farringdon Road, London, EC1M 3JF
In your retirement you deserve the best.
Home provides independent affordable and secure living, with apartments over the South East.
Our retirement schemes cater for the active elderly with the added security of a Scheme Manager during the day. All the properties are fitted with an emergency alarm system linked to a care line response centre
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference VIC461. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Home Group, Re-Sales, Farringdon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.