- Hall | Dining room | Sitting room
- Family room | Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room | Garden room
- 4 principal Bedrooms | Bedroom 5/study
- En suite shower room | Family bathroom
- Landing with access to wide balcony
- Integrated guest annexe with sitting room and en suite bedroom
- Delightful part wooded gardens
- Garage and range of outbuildings
- About 1.5 acres | EPC Rating D
Tegfryn is a handsome house with a guest annexe standing in beautiful part wooded gardens, with glorious views of the surrounding hills. The house was built in the 1930’s and extended by the current owners to create a versatile and much-loved family home.
Tegfryn boasts versatile accommodation with a bespoke fitted kitchen opening to a dining room with a wood burning stove. Two reception rooms lead off the hallway with a staircase leading to the landing above, from where a door gives access to a wide balcony where the stunning views can be fully appreciated. There are four principal bedrooms, one with an en suite shower room, and a family bathroom. A further bedroom is presently utilised as a home office.
A garden room spans the front of the house and connects the guest annexe. This has a cosy sitting room and en suite bathroom, along with a galley kitchen and separate access to the rear.
The house stands up a long driveway and is nestled into a sheltered part woodland garden with a ridge to the rear from where far reaching views reach over the neighbouring Machynlleth heathland golf course towards the Dyfi Estuary and Snowdonia National Park. While rural with the benefit of wonderful walks direct from the property, the house is situated within a mile of the historic town of Machynlleth, noted for its year round festivals and cultural events and train service to the Midlands and beyond. Snowdonia National Park extends to the North of the town with its mountain ranges offering a range of outdoor activities and the stunning Cardigan Bay coastline is within easy driving distance with its golden beaches and pretty harbours. Nearby Aberdovery also benefits from a Championship golf course. There is a train service from Machynlleth to Shrewsbury, Birmingham and a direct line to London Euston.
Approached up a long driveway, the house stands in the privacy of beautiful gardens and grounds with a variety of mature trees, shrubs stocked borders, sweeping lawns, a productive vegetable garden and parking for a number of cars. To the rear is a steep part wooded ridge from where views over Machynlleth Golf course and to South Snowdonia National Park can be enjoyed. There is a garage and workshop to the rear of the house and a large store to the side.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Machynlleth Station1.2 miles
- Dovey Junction Station4.3 miles
About the agent
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CSD200596. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Shrewsbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.