The Bank Cottage, Newtown, Powys, SY16
- 17th Century Grade II Listed Timber Framed Property
- Located in the centre of the town
- Current premises being Tea Rooms & Two Flats
- Commercial & Residential opportunities
- Business opportunity for commercial premises with living accommodation & residential letting unit
- Potential to convert into a Town Centre Dwelling, subject to planning consents
- EPC's- Cafe: B (43), Flat 1: G (6), Flat 2: D (57)
17th Century Grade II LIsted Timber Framed Property located in the which located in the town centre. Currently the premises being Tea Rooms and Two Flats.
The sale of the premises offers a commercial and residential investment opportunity, business opportunity to run a Tea Rooms or commercial premises on the ground floor with living accommodation over also a residential letting unit or with potential to convert the three units into a Town Centre Dwelling of Character, subject to necessary planning consents.
The premises retains a wealth of character with exposed beams & floorboards and features of historical interest.
The accommodation comprises:
THE BANK TEA ROOMS is located on the ground floor with front Entrance Lobby leading through to Tea Rooms with exposed wall & timber beams, quarry tiled floor, woodburning stove in brick inglenook, brick arched area to the side which was believed to be a smoking area for smoking the bacon, oak beam divide into a further Dining Area. Kitchen with stainless steel washbasin & drainer, electric water heater, stainless steel surfaces with cupboard under, single washhand basin, rear entrance door.
Off Dining Area there is a Lobby with Cloakroom & WC, staircase up to:
FLAT 2 ROSTHERNE is approached from the Tea Rooms or via external staircase comprising Kitchen with rear door, base & wall units, worktop surfaces, stainless steel sink unit. Living Room with bay window, off the Landing there is a staircase to the second floor with Landing/Study Area with gas central heating boiler, opening into the Landing of Flat 1. Front Bedroom. Bathroom with roll top bath, WC, pedestal washbasin.
FLAT 1 ROSTHERNE is approached via a side entrance to a Kitchen/Living Room, at the time of sale the kitchen units has been removed but the water heater remains in place, bay window, cooker point, side door, staircase up to first floor. Front Bedroom with built-in cupboard. Bathroom comprising panelled bath with electric shower over, WC, washbasin.
Small seating area with low stone wall and cobbled floor. Right of way to the rear. Very small area under the rear staircase for the bins
The Bank Cottage, Newtown, Powys, SY16
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Newtown Station0.2 miles
About the agent
Welcome to Morris Marshall & Poole - Estate Agents and Chartered Property Surveyors
Established in 1862 the estate agents and property surveyors firm has been serving the community for over 150 years and has built up an enviable reputation for integrity and professionalism in the field of residential,commercial and agricultural services.
We now have 8 offices able to offer these services from the Welsh Coast through the heart of Mid Wales to the Borders and central Shropshire.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference NEW200301. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Morris Marshall & Poole, Newtown. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.