Main Street, Birchover, Matlock
- Four bedroom stone built cottage
- Immaculately presented throughout
- Recent restoration program completed on the cottage and gardens
- Off road parking for two cars
- Stunning Peak District location
This recently renovated three bedroom former Post Office is situated in a central location in the picturesque village of Birchover. The property is finished to exacting standards throughout.
This recently renovated three bedroom former Post Office is situated in a central location in the picturesque village of Birchover. The property is finished to exacting standards throughout and has the added benefit of two parking spaces to the front of the property. Internally the property comprises of a sitting room, dining room/2nd reception room, dining kitchen and utility, the first floor has engineered oak flooring with underfloor heating throughout. To the first floor there are four bedrooms one with ensuite and family bathroom. Externally there is a lovely landscaped garden to the front and a further courtyard style garden at the rear. Birchover is within the catchment area of Lady Manners School, has access to beautiful countryside walks and cycle trails and has two country Inns located in the village.
A wooden door to the front opens into the entrance hall. The hall has a quarry tiled floor and exposed beams over the doorways. Doors open into the sitting room and dining room/second reception room. A staircase leads up to the first floor accommodation.
Sitting Room 14' 10" at the max x 14' 3" into the bay ( 4.52m at the max x 4.34m into the bay )
The main focal point of this beautiful room is the log burning stove in set into the stone fireplace. The room has exposed beams over the doorframes, painted beams to the ceiling and oak internal doors. The double glazed bay window to the front provides lovely views over the garden.
Dining Room/2nd Reception Room 11' 10" x 14' 1" ( 3.61m x 4.29m )
This versatile second reception room has a stone fireplace with inset log burning stove. The room has two double glazed sliding sash windows to the front one having a picture seat, exposed beams to the ceiling and a wooden floor which runs through into the dining kitchen.
Dining Kitchen 28' 1" at the max x 8' 9" at the max ( 8.56m at the max x 2.67m at the max )
This beautifully presented dining kitchen features a range of modern wall and base units. The units are complemented by wooden worksurfaces which incorporates a Belfast style sink. Integrated appliances include a slimline dishwasher, a double oven, hob with extractor over. There is ample space for a dining table and a single glazed door opens onto the rear. In the kitchen area there are two double glazed sliding sash windows to the side elevation and there is a useful storage cupboard located under the stairs. The room has exposed beams to the ceiling and a further door which opens into the utility room.
Utility room has a low flush WC, extractor and a sink inset into the kitchen style worksurface. The utility room houses the Baxi boiler and there are tiled splash backs.
First Floor Accommodation
The landing has a central heating radiator and provides access to the four bedrooms and family showroom room
Bedroom One 12' 1" at the max narrowing to 9' 4" x 14' 1" at the max ( 3.68m at the max narrowing to 2.84m x 4.29m at the max )
This charming bedroom has a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams, a wooden floor and a double glazed sash window to the front elevation providing fantastic views over the village. A door opens to the ensuite and there is a central heating radiator.
The ensuite comprises of a walk-in shower, wash handbasin and low flush WC. There is a chrome heated towel rail, spotlights to the ceiling and the room is finished with tiled splash backs.
Bedroom Two 11' 10" at the max x 14' 10" at the max ( 3.61m at the max x 4.52m at the max )
Bedroom two has the original A frame exposed beam to the ceiling, wide planked wooden flooring and a useful walk-in wardrobe/store cupboard. This double aspect bedroom has a double glazed window to the side and a double glazed sash window to the front. The room also has a wall mounted central heating radiator.
Bedroom Three 12' 5" x 8' 11" narrowing to 5' 11" ( 3.78m x 2.72m narrowing to 1.80m )
Having a double glazed sliding sash to the side and central heating radiator.
Bedroom Four 7' 4" x 9' 6" ( 2.24m x 2.90m )
Bedroom four has a double glazed skylight, a contemporary styled radiator, spot lights to the ceiling and a double glazed door leads onto the rear courtyard.
Family Shower Room
Comprising of a walk-in shower, low flush WC, wash hand basin with storage under and a chrome heated towel rail. The shower room has an extractor fan and spotlights to the ceiling.
To the front of the property is a beautiful presented garden featuring a range of mature plants and shrubs and parking for two cars. At the rear accessed from the kitchen or bedroom four is a raised paved courtyard which provides lovely views of the village.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Main Street, Birchover, Matlock
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Matlock Station3.8 miles
- Matlock Bath Station4.3 miles
- Cromford Station5.0 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Bakewell Bagshaws Residential office�
Established in 1988, Bagshaws Residential has been serving the Midlands for 30 years so you can trust that we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here's a few more reasons to choose Bagshaws Residential as your estate agent�
>> Your local Bagshaws Residential team in Bakewell
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your loca
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAK105840. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bagshaws Residential, Bakewell. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.