Becket Mews, Canterbury, Kent, CT2
Construction is of attractive red brick with sash windows under a tiled roof. The property has an adjoining garage and to the rear a courtyard garden.
The property is within easy walking distance for Canterbury West railway station, St Dunstan’s and Canterbury city centre, located in a cul-de-sac setting with no passing traffic.
- Entrance Hall, stairs to first floor, cloaks cupboard and laminate flooring.
- Sitting/Dining Room, feature fireplace, laminate flooring, concealed under stairs storage cupboard, sash windows and door opening onto a courtyard garden.
- Kitchen, fitted within the last couple of years, comprehensive range of base and wall mounted cabinets, stainless steel sink, integrated appliances to include Neff ceramic hob and electric oven with extractor hood, slimline dishwasher, washing machine and fridge freezer
- First Floor Landing, access to the master bedroom, bedroom two, family bathroom, loft hatch and storage cupboard
- Master Bedroom, double bedroom including dressing area with built-in wardrobe, sash windows
- Bedroom Two, offers space for a single bed, bedside table and triple wardrobe, sash window
- Family Bathroom, modern white suite, panelled bath, WC, wall mounted hand basin, separate shower cubicle, attractive tiling.
- Courtyard Garden, security lighting, power sockets and a pedestrian gate gives access to the shared driveway and attached garage
- Garage, an ‘up and over’ door giving vehicular access and a pedestrian door directly to the front porch.
Becket Mews is situated on a small modern development just off Kirby’s Lane in the St. Dunstan’s area of Canterbury having easy access to nearby facilities including The Goods Shed, which incorporates Farmer’s Market style shopping with quality butcher, greengrocer and fishmonger amongst many others, plus a highly regarded restaurant. Sainsbury’s Local is also nearby together with the other facilities of St. Dunstan’s. The property is also well placed to take advantage of the high-speed Javelin train service to London St. Pancras which operates from Canterbury West along with Canterbury East providing other services into London.
The Historical city of Canterbury is just a short walk away, with a good choice of bars, restaurants, bistros, Marlowe Theatre and many more cultural interests. Recreational facilities include a wide selection of golf courses in and around the area, sports centres and swimming pools, Polo Farm and Championship Cricket at the Spitfire St. Lawrence Cricket Ground. Fishing and water sports can be found along the coast. Connections are good with the A2 trunk road linking into the M2, M20 & M25. The Port of Dover and the Channel Tunnel Terminal at Cheriton offer services to the continent.
The property has a pretty enclosed wall and paved garden ideal for seating and eating out, with gravel edging, mature shrubs and climbing plants. Enclosed by a brick wall to the rear and wood panel fencing to the sides. The pedestrian gate leads to the single garage and shared brick paved driveway
which is accessed through an attractive period arch from North Lane.
To the front is a covered porch with a door to the garage and a door to the front entrance. There is a secure pedestrian access, solely for residents, onto North Lane from a brick paved path at the front of the house.
- Services: all main services are connected - Local Authority: Canterbury City Council - Council Tax Band (2020/21): “D” - Fixtures & Fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
From the Westgate Towers head towards St Dunstan’s. Take a right onto Station Road by Sainsburys and just opposite the railway station turn right into Kirby’s Lane. Follow the road around and Number 16 is tucked away in the corner
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Becket Mews, Canterbury, Kent, CT2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Canterbury West Station0.1 miles
- Canterbury East Station0.6 miles
- Sturry Station2.4 miles
About the agent
Prominent National Sales and Letting Agent established over 100 years
• Local expertise from experienced, professional, friendly and highly motivated teams that provide a personal service
• Highly ranked Google reviews from satisfied customers
• Selling & Letting character cottages, apartments, town houses and larger country houses
• Over 40 UK Offices with a strong presence across London and extensive network of Regional Offices in high profile prominent locations in
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAN200154. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Jackson-Stops, Canterbury Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.