High Street, Askern, DONCASTER
- GROUND FLOOR ANNEX WITH LOUNGE, BEDROOM AND BATHROOM WHICH IS IDEAL FOR AN ELDERLY RELATIVE OR TEENAGER
- DINING KITCHEN
- LARGE SITTING ROOM
- OFFICE/DRESSING ROOM TO FIRST FLOOR
- THREE DOUBLE BEDROOMS, ONE WITH ENSUITE
- TWO BATHROOMS
- ENCLOSED PLOT WITH GATES OFF ROAD PARKING TO THE SIDE AND A LARGE TIERED GARDEN TO THE REAR
A unique property situated in Askern with views over the lake to the front of the property. This detached property offers spacious family accommodation throughout with an annex which is ideal for an elderly relative or teenager. The property has gated off road parking to the side.
A spacious unique late 18th century detached house with character. The property is located opposite to the historic askern spa lake fronting the high street boasting an abundance of alternative uses. Fronting the high street, currently used as residential, with the front accommodation previously having past use as a bookmakers, retail shop, hairdressers, chip shop and as far back as 1790 being a tabbaconists, the property is ideal for a family or investor to tailor to thier needs. Previous planning to extend south wing to garden or extending the rear store for further accomadation, the property was originally 3 cottages in link formation, and could serve as an HMO or be developed into individual terraced houses subject to planning, the property currently consists of:
2 reception rooms
Rear store potential to develop and extend to larger extra accomadation
Large garden and out buildings with off street parking including a 6m cabin sitting on a previous concrete drive to rear of garden with access via unadopted Lane where a garage could be built
Decked levels to an elevated garden with stunning uninterrupted views over Askern boating lake with large space including
Stunning Lake views
No immediate neighbour's
Off street parking 3 areas
Residential with previous part commercial use, subject to planning, possibly redevelopment
Ground Floor Annexe
A front facing sealed unit door gives access to the lounge area of the annex.
Snug 14' 3" to recess x 11' 9" ( 4.34m to recess x 3.58m )
With a front facing double glazed window, under floor heating and beams to the ceiling. The snug is open to the bedroom area.
Bedroom 13' 4" x 12' 10" ( 4.06m x 3.91m )
With a rear facing double glazed window, wood panelling to one wall and under floor heating.
Luxurious Bathroom 6' 6" x 14' 9" ( 1.98m x 4.50m )
A large luxurious bathroom with wood panelling to two walls and polished wooden steps which lead to the large double ended bath with mixer tap and a wash hand basin. There are front and side facing double glazed windows, under floor heating and a chrome heated towel rail.
Fitted with a wash hand basin, a WC and a wall mounted gas central heating boiler.
With staircase that gives access to bedroom two and three.
Dining Kitchen 13' 2" x 13' 7" ( 4.01m x 4.14m )
Fitted with a range of white high gloss wall and base units with wooden work surfaces which houses the stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap. The kitchen has space for a fridge freezer, space for a dining table and chairs, a range style duel fuel cooker and plumbing for a washing machine. There are two side facing double glazed windows, solid wood flooring and side facing double doors which give access to the garden.
Lounge 12' 8" x 24' 11" ( 3.86m x 7.59m )
With bifolding doors which give access to the decked patio area and garden, a central heating radiator, a wall mounted electric fire and a second staircase which rises to the office/dressing area. Stairs rise to bedroom two and dressing room/office.
Utility Room 13' 2" x 5' 8" ( 4.01m x 1.73m )
With base units housing the sink and drainer, complementary work surfaces, splash back tiling, plumbing for a washing machine and space for further white goods. There is a wall mounted gas central heating boiler and a door giving access to the porch/store.
With a front facing sealed unit door.
With front and side facing double glazed windows and a central heating radiator.
Bedroom Three 17' 7" x 6' 2" plus deep recess ( 5.36m x 1.88m plus deep recess )
With a side facing double glazed window and a central heating radiator
Fitted with a wash hand basin with mixer tap, corner bath with mixer tap, a shower cubicle with shower and WC. There is a side obscure double glazed window, polished wooden flooring and a chrome heated towel rail.
Dressing Room/ Office 10' 4" x 13' 2" ( 3.15m x 4.01m )
With two side facing double glazed windows, down lights to the ceiling and sliding contemporary style doors give access to the bathroom. This room is currently being used as a bedroom.
A modern contemporary bathroom suite fitted with a WC, his and hers wash hand basins with mixer taps and a free standing double ended bath with mixer tap. There is a chrome heated towel rail, down lights to the ceiling and partial tiling to the walls and floor.
Bedroom Four 14' 2" to recess x 13' 7" ( 4.32m to recess x 4.14m )
A double room with a side facing double glazed window, a central heating radiator and beams to the ceiling. A door gives access to the ensuite shower room.
Ensuite Shower Room
Fitted with a WC, a wash hand basin and a corner shower cubicle with shower. There is a central heating radiator.
To the side of the property are large double gates which give access to the garden and private off road parking. This is a large outdoor space which has been tiered and decked with various patio and is an ideal space for entertaining. To the rear of the property is a shed.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
High Street, Askern, DONCASTER
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Adwick Station3.2 miles
- Kirk Sandall Station4.8 miles
- Bentley (South Yorks.) Station4.9 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Doncaster William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Doncaster
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding areas so we are your local e
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference DCR116490. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Doncaster. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.