Bridge Hill, Bridge, Canterbury, Kent
- A wonderfully spacious detached family home
- Approx. 5463 square feet of accommodation
- Double garage and vast driveway for up to six cars
- Indoor swimming pool complex with changing room/gym
- Excellent garden with additional woodland area and several patios
- Five reception rooms including a cinema/TV room
- EPC energy rating C (74)
Once over the threshold and through the large tiled porch your first sight is the impressive double height reception hall with its attractive pine staircase and galleried landing. It leads to the main family space that includes the large country style fitted kitchen, a dining room with french doors to the rear terrace and the sitting room with its attractive art deco style fireplace and herringbone parquet flooring. An arched corridor leads to the beautifully proportioned and elegant drawing room and a good sized cinema that leads through to the swimming pool complex that could always be converted into a separate annex. It includes the heated pool, a gym and changing facilities, a utility room, shower room, an office, plant room, the forecourt and the fully tiled and heated double garage/games room. The landing leads to three double bedrooms and a family bathroom. They are separate from the master suites and approached via the main staircase, One of the rooms has access to the large attic that could be another bedroom. The other staircase leads to two stunning master suites both with seating areas and stairs up to dressing rooms that could become additional bedrooms if required. One is adjacent to a fully tiled and marble bathroom and the other includes an en suite bathroom. Outside there are individual garden areas and an additional walled driveway.
What the Owner says:
“We have lived in Bridge for 21 years and came here when our son was very young. It is a wonderful part of the world and the village is a delight. Over the years we have loved extending and renovating the house to provide everything you need in a large family home. However we now feel it is time to downsize and hope that another family will be able to enjoy everything we have put into the design and creation of this lovely place, from its beginnings as a three bedroom cottage to becoming probably one of the most impressive and largest modern house in the village. Bridge is a very friendly and social place and includes three pubs and restaurants as well as a tea shop and a variety of shops including a small supermarket, a health food shop, pharmacy and a hair and beauty salon. You will also find a dentist and an excellent surgery and clinic. There is a good primary school in the village as well as outstanding private and grammar schools in Canterbury, Folkestone and Dover and a regular bus service through the village to Folkestone and Canterbury, while there is very easy access to the A2 for London, Canterbury, Dover and the Continent. Broome Park Golf Club is close by for golfing aficionados and for those who enjoy riding, Covert Wood offers some splendid ‘off road' facilities, while there are lots of great places to take the dog for a walk".
- Entrance Porch: 13'3 x 6'6 (4.04m x 1.98m)
- Reception Hall: 19'4 (5.90m) x 10'2 (3.10m) narrowing to 9'9 (2.97m)
- Kitchen: 16'5 x 8'7 (5.01m x 2.62m)
- Dining Area: 16'6 x 10'0 (5.03m x 3.05m)
- Lounge: 23'1 x 12'4 (7.04m x 3.76m)
- Sitting Room: 22'6 x 16'9 (6.86m x 5.11m)
- Cinema/TV Room: 18'4 x 13'8 (5.59m x 4.17m)
- Inner Hall
- Study: 8'11 x 7'6 (2.72m x 2.29m)
- Shower Room
- Utility Room
- Indoor Swimming Pool: 37'4 x 18'2 (11.39m x 5.54m)
- Changing Room / Gym: 14'6 x 10'1 (4.42m x 3.08m)
- SPLIT LEVEL FIRST FLOOR
- Galleried Landing
- Bedroom 3: 16'7 x 12'5 (5.06m x 3.79m)
- Bedroom 4: 10'9 x 10'0 (3.28m x 3.05m)
- Bedroom 5: 8'9 x 8'7 (2.67m x 2.62m)
- Master Bedroom: 22'6 x 18'0 (6.86m x 5.49m)
- Ensuite Bath/Shower Room: 10'0 x 7'7 (3.05m x 2.31m)
- Bedroom 2: 16'9 x 10'8 (5.11m x 3.25m)
- Sitting Area: 16'9 x 10'9 (5.11m x 3.28m)
- Ensuite Bath/Shower Room
- SECOND FLOOR
- Bedroom 2 Dressing Room: 12'3 x 11'0 up to bay (3.74m x 3.36m)
- Master Dressing Room: 12'3 x 11'0 up to bay (3.74m x 3.36m)
- Walk-in Wardrobe
- Rear Garden
- Woodland Area
- BBQ Patio
- Front Patio
- Rear Patio
- Side Patio
- Double Garage: 22'6 x 19'5 (6.86m x 5.92m)
- Utility Cupboard
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.
Bridge Hill, Bridge, Canterbury, Kent
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bekesbourne Station1.4 miles
- Adisham Station2.9 miles
- Canterbury East Station3.4 miles
About the agent
Whether you are buying, selling, or renting we're here to support you every step of the way. We are excited to show you all the ways we can help, so why not get in touch?
In the meantime, see what thousands of our customers are saying about us on Trustpilot. After all, they probably say it better
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 16001857. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.