Britwell Salome, Watlington, Oxfordshire, OX49
- Rare opportunity to build your dream home
- 2.6 acres with far reaching views
- Planning for over 8,000 sq.ft.
- Barn style design with separate annexe
- Village amenities
- Planning ref: P16/S1879/FUL
Savills are delighted to introduce a wonderful opportunity to build a large 8,106 square foot house, set within 2.6 acres of land. The plans offer an imposing barn-style accommodation with a separate annex. The finished development will provide a wealth of character, sophistication and charm, aesthetically combining both modern and traditional architecture. Nestled amongst the glorious Oxfordshire countryside, this beautiful home will provide peace and tranquillity in one of the most sought after settings in the Home Counties.
The Site at the Priory is located in the small village of Britwell Salome, surrounded by the stunning rolling countryside of the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village has a local pub and a farm shop, while the historic town of Watlington, a charming market town just a mile distant has day to day facilities, restaurants, garage, a delicatessen, tennis club/bowling club, and a fine butcher. The town also boasts an outstanding-rated primary school and a secondary school of excellent repute. The historic town of Wallingford is 7 miles away. It is a thriving Thameside Saxon town with extensive facilities and a number of shops including a Waitrose supermarket, a good selection of antique shops, boutiques and specialist stores with a traditional market being held every Friday in the town square. The town also benefits from its own excellent cinema/theatre and restaurants and a sports park and leisure centre which offer the chance to join a number of well-established clubs such as cricket, rugby, football, hockey and rowing. A more extensive range of shopping and leisure facilities are available 10 miles to the southeast in Henley-on-Thames, or 14 miles to the northeast in Oxford. The area is well connected by road, with the M40 just four miles away, providing easy access to the M25, London and towards the Midlands.
Acreage: 2.6 Acres
From Junction 6 of the M40 take B4009 to Watlington,3 miles , continue on B4009 towards Benson for 1.5 miles and turn right 300 yards after the village sign into Church Lane, then immediately turn left into the driveway of the large commercial Barn.
Britwell Salome, Watlington, Oxfordshire, OX49
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Cholsey Station7.1 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HES200292. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Henley-On-Thames. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.