Borthwick Castle Road, North Middleton, Gorebridge, EH23
- Viewing by appointment only - call Mov8
- Well-presented, two bedroom, end-terrace cottage with an extensive southerly-facing garden.
- With an idyllic rural location, the property is set in the charming village of North Middleton, near Gorebridge, Midlothian.
- Comprises: an entrance hallway, living room, kitchen, porch, two double bedrooms, and a shower room.
- Requiring some updating, features include contemporary flooring, electric heating, modern double glazing and good storage including bedroom wardrobes and a loft space.
- Externally, there is a path to the side with a lawn; the rear garden is terraced over multiple levels with a mix of shrubbery and planting beds.
- The rear garden also includes a store shed, greenhouse, and patio seating areas.
- There is ample unrestricted parking to the front, whilst at the bottom of the garden is a private gate giving access to a public walkway along the Middleton North Burn.
- Most furnishings are available for inclusion in the sale.
- 360 Virtual Tour available online.
Well-presented, two bedroom, end-terrace cottage with an extensive southerly-facing garden. With an idyllic rural location, the property is set in the charming village of North Middleton, near Gorebridge, Midlothian. The entrance hall provides access throughout and has a pendant light fitting and space for outerwear. Accessed via bi-fold doors from the kitchen, the living room has large windows looking out to the garden, a feature electric fireplace set in a modern wood & marble housing with a genuine Victorian over-mantle with a wooden surround, TV and phone points, and space for dining furniture. Also with space for a breakfast table, the fitted kitchen includes a cupboard, wall and base units, a sink with drainer, tiled surround, a freestanding washing machine, and a door to the vestibule which leads to the garden. Set off the kitchen, there is a porch area houses a freestanding cooker with an electric hob and a fridge/freezer. The larger bedroom, set towards the front, features wood-effect flooring, a pendant light fitting, and built-in wardrobes, whilst the second bedroom has a side aspect, a built-in wardrobe and a storage cupboard. The shower room has a modern two-piece suite with an electric shower unit and tiled flooring and splash-walls. Nestled in the scenic Midlothian countryside, just 30 minutes' drive from Edinburgh, lying alongside the A7 trunk road, the quiet village of North Middleton offers an idyllic rural lifestyle within easy reach of the city; and easily accessed with a hourly bus which provides service to both Edinburgh and Carlisle. North Middleton is perfect for exploring the great outdoors, such as hillwalking and cycling in the Pentland Hills Regional Park, and also with Vogrie Park offering a golf course a mile to the east of Gorebridge. North Middleton has retained a quaint village atmosphere, complete with a post office, village hall, and a modern primary school; a tarmacadamed foot path links with Gorebridge and Newtongrange which are just a few minutes’ drive away, each have supermarkets for everyday essentials, and railway stations linking Edinburgh and Galashiels; and each with recreation and leisure facilities. Nearby Dalkeith offers all the range of amenities expected of a large town, such as a Morrison Supermarket. The popular Straiton retail park provides a Sainsbury's supermarket, Boots, an M&S food store, IKEA, and other high-street names.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
Borthwick Castle Road, North Middleton, Gorebridge, EH23
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Gorebridge Station1.6 miles
- Newtongrange Station3.7 miles
- Eskbank Station4.9 miles
About the agent
MOV8 Real Estate has been Edinburgh and the Lothians' number one selling, all-in-one estate agent and solicitor for the past five years running.
With local, expert Valuers now covering the whole of Scotland, everyone can benefit from our zero commission, 5-Star Trustpilot rated value and service.
Our local, expert Valuer will visit you and provide you with a valuation of your property. Our professional photographers
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 15904327. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate (Principal GPM Branch), Scotland Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.