Chilbolton Avenue, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22
- Video tour available
- A superb corner plot located close to local shops, schools, the city and railway station
- Versatile accommodation with a recent comprehensive refurbishment
- Large formal sitting room and open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room
- Double bedrooms with a refitted bathroom and en suite
- Sizable loft space that could be converted subject to planning consents
- Private driveway and double garage
- EPC Rating = D
An ideal home for the family, commuter or even downsizer, Drumore offers a versatile accommodation to suit the demands of modern living. The existing owners have undertaken a thorough modernisation and refurbishment of the interior, as well as maintaining the existing mature gardens. From a welcoming entrance hall, the property has a wealth of storage and cupboard space.
The ground floor has a large formal sitting room with working fireplace and a large open-plan dining/kitchen/family room, essentially forming the ‘hub’ of the house. From here the ground floor extends through to a useful large study area, separate utility and boot room, with then a further door through to the attached double garage which has a remote electric front operation.
From a good sized first floor part galleried landing, there are four double bedrooms, with built-in wardrobes to two. There is a recently refitted family bathroom with separate shower and a similar sized en suite bathroom to the principle bedroom. The house has a sizeable loft space which with the relevant consents could then allow for further conversion and expansion of the existing accommodation. Overall, Drumore is an exceptional home offering a superb living space.
The private driveway provides parking for several cars and access to the double integral garage. There is access down either side of the property into a fabulous garden with established boundaries and a mature, private setting. At the rear of the garden, there is a gate providing access onto the Stockbridge Road and essentially a convenient shortcut to town, the railway station or the nearby schools.
Drumore is a wonderful family home, nestled within a 1/3 acre plot to the corner behind Chilbolton Avenue and Stockbridge Road. The property is located at the end of this no through road of only three similar aged detached properties. Affording a relative close proximity to the City and the nearby Weeke shop amenities, there is an instant appeal to the leafy, peaceful neighbourhood. The exclusive setting is a walking distance to a nearby Watirose, parade of shops/takeaways, a post office and Doctor’s surgery. Whilst for the commuter there is a convenient access and close proximity of the city centre and mainline railway station, as well as an excellent arrangement of schools.
Just along from Drumore is the Royal Winchester Golf Club and the Winchester Bereweeke Tennis and Squash Club. Equally accessible is the wonderful river walks of the Itchen Navigation and the woodland walks of Clarendon Way and Farley Mount. The city itself from its Iron Age beginnings, through to its more recent ancient means as the capital of Wessex and the Kingdom of England in medieval times, boasts a wealth of history and now a wide range of eateries and independent retail outlets.
Square Footage: 2,175 sq ft
Acreage: 0.32 Acres
The property has gas central heating, under floor heating to the principal ground floor area and double glazing.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Chilbolton Avenue, Winchester, Hampshire, SO22
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Winchester Station0.6 miles
- Shawford Station3.3 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WNS200369. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.