The Green, Collingham, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23
- Charming Thatched Cottage
- Four Bedrooms
- Living Room and Sitting Room
- Garden Room and Home Office
- Spacious Family Kitchen with Dining Area
- Infused with Versatility, Character and Charm
- Ground Floor Bathroom and Shower Room
- English Country Cottage Gardens
- Private Gated Parking for Two Vehicles
- Viewing Highly Recommended
This stunning, spacious, family home, in immaculate condition, was built over six hundred years ago. Situated in the pretty village of Collingham, set in a conservation area, it has been the much loved home for its present owners for the past eighteen years. They were attracted to its setting and, of course, its history, the convenience of its location, together with the quality of its local amenities. The cottage contains a wealth of history, alongside wonderful timbers and beams whilst, at the same time, it is a home which is cosy and welcoming, teamed with practicality, luxury, and comfort.
Apart from many essential practical tasks, the owners replaced the old kitchen, added a beautiful garden room and updated bathrooms and the en suite. Everything undertaken has been carried out with respect to the unique history of the cottage.
Having recently retired, the owners are moving to pastures new, but have adored living in this house and village. They have made many friends here and do not intend moving very far away.
The extremely friendly village has ease of access to many schools, sport and leisure clubs, pubs and restaurants. The railway station provides a service into Lincoln and onwards into the capital. Other destinations throughout the land are very convenient to reach via the road and rail network. There are brilliant walks in this location, with the RSPB Langford Lowfields Reserve on the doorstep.
The meticulous garden is a haven which reflects the care given to it by the owners. It is certainly a garden to come home to and enjoy a glass of wine after a busy day. The garden room has bi-fold doors opening onto the patio and dining space.
A fabulous house and garden for entertaining friends and family, whether intimate suppers in the atmospheric dining room, or larger festivities. One such event was a milestone birthday, utilising the garden room and patio, when thirty guests sat down in comfort to enjoy a special celebration.
The property is conveniently located for accessing the A1, A46 and A17. The pretty market town of Newark-on-Trent is a short distance away and offers an abundance of amenities. There is an abundance of schooling in the district, including excellent infant and junior schooling in the village. The town is immersed in history with a dramatic castle which sits beautifully on the River Trent. Newark’s high-speed rail network serves commuters well with a journey time of approximately 82 minutes to London Kings Cross.
The Green, Collingham, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Collingham Station0.5 miles
- Swinderby Station3.0 miles
- Newark North Gate Station4.6 miles
About the agent
Welcome to Fine & Country Lincolnshire and Grantham. We understand moving home is one of the most important decisions you can make, your home is both a financial and emotional investment. We take the instruction to sell your home as a privilege and a serious commitment to you. We value relationships above transactions and are incredibly proud that much of our business comes from referrals and repeat clients.
We pride ourselves on our unique blend of local knowledge, outstanding customer
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference FAC190009. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Lincolnshire & Grantham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.