Broad Street, Stamford
- Traditional town house with several original features
- Planning permission for single story rear extension
- Double glazed throughout since 2018
- Drawing room with working log-burner
- Sunroom/ dining room with bifold doors to courtyard garden
- Snug with open fireplace
- Cellar conversion into office/media room with projector
- Principal bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Guest room with feature fireplace and window seat
- A further 2 double bedrooms and 1 single bedroom
Kelham House is located in the heart of Stamford on Broad Street with the conveniences of town immediately on your doorstep. Stamford offers a wealth of shops with M&S just around the corner and a fabulous selection of leisure facilities, restaurants, cafes, pubs, wine bars, theatre, cinema and the famous coaching inn, The George Hotel. The beautiful, stone, market town is renowned for its Georgian architecture and regularly appears as a prime location within various national newspapers “Best places to live” features. With prominent locations such as Burghley House and the water meadows, Stamford is regularly host to a vast array of events ranging from food festivals to antiques fairs and many more.
Ideally located for commuting, Kelham House is approximately 10 minutes walk to Stamford Railway Station. The A1 runs to the west of the town and provides easy access both north and south and the Cathedral City of Peterborough has a main line rail station with high speed trains to London Kings Cross.
The area has excellent state and private schooling in Stamford, Oakham, Uppingham and Oundle with highly regarded Grammar Schools in Bourne and Grantham.
Leisure pursuits including golf at Burghley Park, Luffenham Heath and Greetham are close by. Rutland Water with its nature reserve, watersports and trout fishing is some 7 miles to the west.
Kelham House is a handsome Grade II townhouse built of Stamford stone in 1750. The current owners have beautifully restored the home, the tiled hallway leads to an array of living accommodation on various levels, each floor with an abundance of characterful, original features and charm.
The home having had double glazing sympathetically installed in 2018, has captured the best of both worlds; a central Stamford location, yet quiet and tranquil. The beautiful Georgian windows ensure the drawing room is flooded with natural light and the fireplace complete with log burner provides a delightful focal point. The drawing room also has wooden flooring, exposed beams and reading nook.
Taking the stone steps passed the boot room into the snug with flagstone flooring, the open fireplace and stone walls provide a cosy atmosphere. Double doors lead into a bright sunroom/dining room with bifold doors onto the dining terrace of the courtyard garden.
The cellar has been converted into an office/media room with projector and screen as well as an original feature stove. Network cabling installed during the property restoration ensures good internet access throughout. Off the office is a large storage room which could also double up as a pantry.
To the rear of the property is the kitchen with built in units and appliances and Belfast sink. There is also access via a backdoor to the courtyard garden. The current vendors have also secured planning permission for a single storey rear extension to create a large open plan kitchen / diner family space fit for modern living.
From the drawing room the stairs rise to a half-landing with useful storage cupboard. The dual aspect family bathroom is equipped with large walk in rain-head shower and roll top bath, WC and wash hand basin and a large cupboard which houses the boiler, washing machine and dryer. The property also benefits from a zoned heating system.
Rising a few steps is a large double bedroom. To the first floor is the principal bedroom with en-suite rain-head shower room and WC. The bedroom has feature beams and window seats with a view over Broad Street, again quiet and peaceful due to the double glazing. The guest bedroom is also to the front of the property with feature fireplace, window seat and built in storage.
The second floor has a further 2 bedrooms; a double with feature fireplace and a large single. To this floor is also a bathroom with shower and WC.
Accessed from either the sunroom/dining room bifolds or the kitchen back door, is a charming, south facing, courtyard garden with dining terrace bordered by mature flower beds and partially enclosed by beautiful stone walls.
To the back left of the courtyard is a doorway to a car parking area with space for 3 cars. It is highly secure and accessed from Star Lane through a coded electric gate for which the residence pay an annual maintenance fee.
Planning permission granted for a single storey extension to the rear to create a large open plan kitchen / diner family space fit for modern living. Reference S20/1414. For full information please contact the agents.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage are connected. Gas central heating. None of the services have been tested by the agents.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as curtains, light fitting and garden ornaments are specifically excluded but may be available by separate negotiation.
South Kesteven District Council
The property may only be inspected by prior arrangement through King West.
From the B1081, All Saints’ Street, take Red Lions Street east. Red Lion Street then merges into Broad Street, continue along the road, passing Newgates on the left-hand side. Kelham House is on the right-hand side before the bend.
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract nor part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
5. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. November 2020.
Broad Street, Stamford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Stamford Station0.5 miles
About the agent
When moving house the support of a team with experience is paramount.
From an honest property valuation to professional brochures, fantastic photography to spellbinding descriptions. We know the market, we know what sells and who is looking to move. Our service levels are exceptional and we will do all that we can to ensure that your journey is as smooth as possible.
Don't take our word for it, read our testimonials to see what our clients say about our
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference STA200141. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West, Stamford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.